Blown Cobra vs C5Z and Turbo IS300...

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
First up the C5Z..

Traveling early on the highway with my dad and friend on a golfing trip last sunday. Id say between the 2 of them they put down about 400 seat lbs lol. 3 sets of clubs in the trunk and cruising middle lane about 65mph. I see in the rear view a vette approaching. I get a little antsy of course and turn to my friend who sees it too (doesnt know much about cars) and asks me can i smoke that? I say "if its not a Z06".. sure enough cute little badge on the fender lol. I quickly say.."Uh oh" Lol. Ive been wanting to run one of these since i bought this car and finally get my chance but im handicapped with about 500 extra lbs. So i downshift to 4th as he gets to my door and as soon as i do he hits it.... and we're off! From 65-110 we're deadlocked side by side like we were stuck together. No one pulled an inch. Shut it down as i shifted to 5th and cruised back down to 65. Look over to give a thumbs up and the guy was like 45 and had a confused look on his face and made like a weird hand signal i didnt understamd haha. Anyways i was happy with the outcome with the weight i had in the car. BTW i shot a 75 for my first round out this year. :rockon:

Next Turbo IS300..

On the way to boston on the pike and as i come to the tolls i see i nice looking is300. Cute girl in the passenger seat staring at my car. I notice Nittos on some black rims dropped with exhaust. When he moved forward i could tell it was turbod and sure enough as i go through the tolls i see the front mount. I get through the tolls first and just cruise at like 45-50 in the slow lane and he comes up and paces me.. hes a little eager to race and doesnt notice the unmarked couple cars up. So i dont bite and we go through another toll as the statey exits. He asks if i was supercharged at the toll and i nod yes and he smirks. So we pace next to each no traffic ahead. Im in 3rd and give a nod and down shift to 2nd at about 40. He hears me downshift and gets on it spooling pretty loud So i punch it and jump ahead about half a car. Hit 3rd pretty good and he falls to my rear bumper and stays there to the top of 3rd little over 100 where i shut it down. I was very impressed nice sounding car and pulled very hard. I know those cars can make some really good power. Slow down give him a thumbs up think he did the same couldnt tell.

All in all i love my car and its exciting getting into races where you're not certain you will win. It seems the cars that are well modified and worthy of a run are few and far between and i just happened to get 2 good races in 2 consecutive weekends. As you can see i dont race at high speeds, never in 5th and never in traffic! Can have fun but gotta be smart and safe. :beer:

Last edited:

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
i mean lucky as in getting 2 races in consecutive weekends, not lucky on the kills haha

Users who are viewing this thread