Blown Clutch

JoeJ

Established Member
Well guess what!!!!! I blew my clutch at RA. I thought there was something wrong as I was having trouble changing gears. LOL. Not good when you are trying to grab another gear at 7000 rpm and it just wouldn't slid in.

Kevin, I would appreciate you thoughts on what I should replace it with. Some say that the standard Ford clutch is fine but I would like to upgrade it to something that would last.

I sure seem to find the weak links in this car. But I still love it a bunch.

Later,

Andy M

Established Member
Joe, bummer man! sorry to hear about your clutch! :sad

Let us know what you decide on? in case one of us needs a replacement at some point in the future?

My car will be at Houston Performance later this week for the Kenny Brown diff cooler, some 4.10 gears, and gauges. Then I will drop it off at Kenny Bumbera's place for a roll cage (he said to expect about 2-3 weeks) and the front facia reinforcement.

Then.... I am ready to let her wail!!!

oh, by the way, I installed my Scroth racing harnesses (4 point) this weekend. They are bright red with black lettering... look real nice against the Recaros!! :D

I will call you when I return from Austin on Thursday.

kevin

andy,

i thot you posted elsewhere you where going with 3:73 gears?

joe (and anyone else) i'll post the clutch info 2marrow with what i used and who i contacted. i'm positive that kenny will do ya right versus the bozo who did my first TWO replacements wrong.

sorry to hear it joe.

brian, paul. (ok, brian mostly cause he saw how i had to fight my clutch that first run on friday). get ready, cause when ya drive 'em they do break.:D

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
andy,

i thot you posted elsewhere you where going with 3:73 gears?

yep... I had decided on 3.73's, but after careful consideration and from talking to Kenny Bumbera about it, I've reconsidered and decided to go with the 4.10's instead.

What do you have in your car?

also, Kenny B said your car has about 430 HP at the rear wheels? is this true? and if so, what did he do to your car to get such a dramatic rear wheel increase??

TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread