Blown 97 Cobra vs Porsche 911 Road race car

Saleen89559

Mystic Cobra Expert - Mystic-Cobra.com
Established Member
Hey guys. I was driving out to a friends house last saturday when I came up behind this really really loud Porsche 911, mid 80's model targa. Turns out as i get closer, its has a full roll cage, racing wheels and tires, suspension, taped over lights for crash safety and what looked to me like 2 decent turbos in the back.

Anyway. He took off like he was gonna lose me and i went after him. He was 2 car lengths infront of me when i hit 3rd gear and pulled past him like he was standing still, his car whaling like a banshee. Then................i slowed down cuz i was doing 135 in a 55 mph zone! LOL. What was even funnier, one of my other friends was at a gas station when i blew by and all he saw was my Steeda wing, i got 2 miles down the road and my Nextel was beeping with him yelling at me LOL.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Nice kill. No turbos on that model, especially 2. The 78-79 911/930 Turbo was a single turbo with a 4 speed. Anyone that you saw here were grey market cars.

Saleen89559

Mystic Cobra Expert - Mystic-Cobra.com
Established Member
Setup is a stock 4v 97 Cobra with a Vortech S-trim on the car. 4.10 gears, strange axles, full steeda suspension front and rear, 6 pt cage, and to top it off, its a VERT. Car turns 12.30's on 555R's when its not broken. I am currently in need of a shortblock, have a hole in Piston #8 and 60 psi out of 160psi of compression needed in #6. 65,000 miles with an S-trim hurt that motor. If you guys know of anyone with a shortblock or longblock they would like to get off their garage floor, let me know.

saleen89559sig.jpg

Quote by Doc GTO -- Nice kill. No turbos on that model, especially 2. The 78-79 911/930 Turbo was a single turbo with a 4 speed. Anyone that you saw here were grey market cars.

This car did have 2 turbos, both looked aftermarket, plumbed near the rear where the tailpipes would be, and the car had an intercooler just barely buried under the rear cover. Whatever it was, he either didn't go all out, or he just doesn't have the right combo.

Last edited:

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Saleen89559,

I'm in california and will have an '03 cobra s/b available. Again, i'm on the other side of the country, but if you're really interested, we can work something out. PM me.

Merv

Users who are viewing this thread