Blown 2V makes 521whp stock internals!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Wow! take a look at this...http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120745

attachment.php

hes running 10.5:1 compression, cams, and an s-trim on 2.87 pulley...stock motor:burnout:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Very impressive numbers. absolute control of the a/f as well as the timing. that op did a great job of tuning.

Not 10.5 compression though. it's a pi block as well. for some reason one of the posts said it was an early block that was headswapped but the owner corrected him.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Boom. lol sooner than later.. a one-time run of dyno #'s is all cool and all, but how long do they really expect that motor to live?

TClark22

Established Member
Frank5L made well north of 700rwhp on a STOCK bottom end Lightning engine, with a turbo so its possible. Your livin on borrowed time at that point though.

lol arent lightning shortblocks forged just like the terminators?

and wow talk about pushing the limit on a the stock twigs...a couple full boost runs down a track and that thing would be toast i bet.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
lol arent lightning shortblocks forged just like the terminators?

and wow talk about pushing the limit on a the stock twigs...a couple full boost runs down a track and that thing would be toast i bet.

Similar pistons, but rods though better than a 2v gt is nothing to really beat on as they are powdered metal. I've had 2 friends gt's throw rods one on a vortech, one on the spray and maybe due to gasoline oct. maybe not. S/c gt at about 12, 13#. Spray gt, 100 nx shot at track in the lights. I was there.

TClark22

Established Member
yea shit...i am worried about pushing it pass 400rwhp...i dont plan on running my stang hard in the cold since it will be pushing more hp since i am at around 400rwhp when it was 80+ outside...

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
The s/c gt was about 420 to 430 whp tuned by jerry w hi 11's. The sprayed gt say 370 whp tuned over at idc, he just had lt's installed w mid 12's. Both cars are shown on utube at this id. The sprayed gt got a dss stroker w ported heads and anderson cams. The vortec gt, well it's still down I guess.

TClark22

Established Member
The s/c gt was about 420 to 430 whp tuned by jerry w hi 11's. The sprayed gt say 370 whp tuned over at idc, he just had lt's installed w mid 12's. Both cars are shown on utube at this id. The sprayed gt got a dss stroker w ported heads and anderson cams. The vortec gt, well it's still down I guess.

yea thats why i am not pushing mine over 400rwhp on the stock block...i bet with the cooler air i am pushing over 400 but i dont hit on it had during the winter.

a couple GTs around here have run 420-430rwhp through a D1sc and ran for 2 years and only replaced the motor because it now has 750rwhp through an F1.

as well as another GT with heads and cams work that made 300 or so N/A then adds a 100 shot on top of that...and his is still running

its really all in the tune. a good tune and i think 425rwhp or so is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread