Blown 1998 SVT Contour

702Rider

I need a new engine. Mechanic said vacuum sucked gas into the block and well....you can guess what happened. She's done. Less than 90k on her, ran great before only ever have to replace brake caliper. Just put great gas in her and now my baby is a goner. Mechanics said $2500 to fix with used motor or $4000 for new one. So I grabbed my car and towed her home wher she has sat for 4 days. Help!!! I turn to the pros in SVT Forums for advice on what to do. I will post pictures later but she is a sexy thing. Not beat or rode hard so I'm almost stunned and confused what happened. Any thoughts please help. Thanks

HotRodV6

Established Member
I'm in Austin Tx, and have a 98 SVT 2.5 with 130K miles, runs strong with no issues, car was parted due to ecm/wiring issues. I'm asking 550 plus freight cost. If you were closer I could offer you a good deal and install it for you, but you may not want to ship the car. Lmk.

702Rider

Thanks for offer. I would hate to part mine out cause of how great of shape everything is on the car. Will have pictures up tonight though so you can see for yourselfs. Might just try and sell as a whole because of the condition of the car. Just sucks brah...Love this car but money is so tight can't fix her right now. Will put pictures up today. Thanks.

jtidaho

Established Member
ive got a 2000 motor

i can build you a 3l or i have a 2000 svt contour motor with a vin tag to verrify its real! if you want make me a offer im in utah

Users who are viewing this thread