Blowing the motor on the dyno!

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
I've never seen anything like this! You guys will love this! :eek:

[ame=http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/Carp614/?action=view&current=Mach1150Shot.flv]
th_Mach1150Shot.jpg
[/ame]

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The guy sprayed a 150 shot on stock motor that run., it puddled up and blew the intake off.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
that video made a bad nitrous impression in my mind as well and i dont think i would ever run it for those concerns... when it goes bad, it goes real bad real quick

727Cobra

Established Member
Great.. My car is going for the final dyno tomorrow morning and now I'm just picturing this happening to it.. The only thing left stock on the car is the long block and it has 100k miles on it. up until 99xxx it was bone stock. 2.3 Whipple and a 100 shot.. :pop:

divided

Established Member
Great.. My car is going for the final dyno tomorrow morning and now I'm just picturing this happening to it.. The only thing left stock on the car is the long block and it has 100k miles on it. up until 99xxx it was bone stock. 2.3 Whipple and a 100 shot.. :pop:

dice.jpg

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
you put a whipple on a stock motor and it has 100 gs on it plus nos, just give me the money your spending on this engine thats gonna go koooooo booooooooom. not smart !!! but hey if it holds up god had mercy on your engine for the time being. best of luck

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
"We have had an anomaly."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtkhYzIkCR0"]YouTube- Rocket Explosion[/ame]

Jim Snover

727Cobra

Established Member
I have a spare motor that I am building, but this one so far has come up perfect across all tests - Leakdown, compression, no blow-by. It is seemingly in perfect health but we will see. If it hits the numbers that it should on blower alone, then we won't go into the nitrous yet.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Seen it a few times before, one reason why ill never touch NOS.

you put a whipple on a stock motor and it has 100 gs on it plus nos, just give me the money your spending on this engine thats gonna go koooooo booooooooom. not smart !!! but hey if it holds up god had mercy on your engine for the time being. best of luck

:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread