blowing fuses and burning up starters

another_hero

Established Member
Ok guys here is my problem, 5 days ago I drove car all day long and that nite took a friend for a fun ride. Got back to his house cut car off after about 2hrs started car and went home, this was on a Sat. nite didn't drive it Sun, but got in it Monday morning and nothing. Checked fuses and seen Starter fuse #3 was shoot. Called a repair shop after they had it all day they called and said starter was fried, put new one on and replaced fuse. Drove it home and 1hr later went to head to town and nothing again, repair shop come got car again and after all day again they called and said that the new starter was shoot again(they said it may have been bad to start with) replaced starter and fuse again. Picked it up and drove it till today and everything was fine, was at another friends house helping him with his GT and he wanted to take a fun ride in the Cobra, got back to his house and finished helping him, started car drove home went to go to town and nothing again fuse blowed again. It seems car runs good till I get on it hard and I don't have a clue why it's blowing fuses and burning starters at the same time. Does the wire that runs from the fuse box under hood to starter above and on back side of engine or under and around front of engine. Cause if them dumb ass at the repair shop can't fix it I guess I will have to try it myself, the next door told me to pull the fuse and put a jumper in and wait for the smoke....WTFE !!!! GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Sounds wierd. I would start by checking loose wires/connections. Did you happeen to find out the problem?

another_hero

Established Member
Have not found any problem yet. It's going back to repair shop 2morrow and I'm going to tell them to check all grounds and check wire from fuse box to starter. Just had motor rebuilt so they may have set motor on a wire or something.

j-tan

Established Member
Check the wires coming from the starter. Make sure the wires aren't touching and the ground is hooked on a good spot.

Users who are viewing this thread