Blowing coolant out of resevoir cap

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Ok so here's the problem.. It's an 03 cobra with kenne bell pushing 17psi. The car doesn't over heat and it runs great and doesn't blow coolant out of the resevoir cap under normal driving. But when I get on it hard and go from say 2nd to the 4th hard under full boost coolant sprays my windshield and it's coming from the coolant resevoir cap it's just pushing right through it. It's getting very annoying. I already replaced thermostat, coolant resevoir tank and a new cap and burped the system. And today I just had a compression and leak down test done and everything was fine so it's not my head gaskets. So I'm wondering could I possibly be lifting a head? And if so wouldn't the compression and leak down test been bad if I am lifting a head? I need help please because this is getting highly annoying

Evan5469

Established Member
Are you sure it's coming from the engine cooling system and not just the intercooler? I would check to make sure your intercooler pump is working properly. Common problem on these cars and a very easy fix.

If it's definitely coming from the engine cooling system, there might be an air pocket in the system. I'm assuming since you replaced the thermostat and reservoir tank and cap that you had to drain the system. Did you use the crossover tube to refill? Air pockets are also highly common when draining and refilling these cars.

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Yeah I'm 100 percent sure its coming from the engine coolant resevoir and yes I drained the system and refilled properly. I've burped the system quite a few times and I'm 99 percent sure I'm getting all the air out. And like I said I've tried pretty much everything else besides getting a new radiator.. Do you think it's possible that my heads lifting even though I just passed compression And leak down test?

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
damn sounds just like when my IC pump went out. but you say its the engine coolant tank

03Snakeb1te

Banned
Im kimd of having the same issue the fluid is not actually coming out like yours, but when i get on the gas a few minutes after i can smell the coolant comin out of the engine, i do have aftermarket tank true furged to be exact i think the cap is not getting a good seal thats why air is escaping, but ur issue is much more complicated i guess,, i also belief i are having problem with the tank it shelf, let us know how it goes..

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Yes checked the coolant and it came back fine. I'm wondering if possibly the heat soak from my blower is causing it? Anybody think that's possible?

Users who are viewing this thread