Blowfish + MGW rattle/buzz SOLUTION

stags

Established Member
Hey y'all,

First of all happy Easter!

Secondly, I have found a solution to my buzzing shifter. I pulled the top half of the blowfish out with the intention of swapping the MGW street bushing in for the track bushing I have been running. When I did I noticed a good amount of scoring of the paint on the top of the BF. I covered the top surface and the insides of the cutouts in the top of the BF with 3m double sided accessory tape which has 1/16" thick foam core, left the outer side of the tape on with the intention of using it as a foam barrier. I also used it as a busing of sorts in the joint between the lower and upper halfs of the BF.

I now have a 90% decrease in NVH. The buzzing and rattling is still present but nearly unnoticeable. I still have the benefit of the extra sensory information from the BF. My shifts have been improved due to fewer shocks to the shifter.

I think this could be improved even more with a more purpose built material- I am going to order some Dynomat and coat the top of the BF with that and see what happens. Will report on this next weekend.

All in all, if rattles and buzzes bug you, this method is a cheap way to make the BF very comfortable. I'd recommend to anyone.

Best,

Stags

Users who are viewing this thread