Blower's On

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Finished it up Sunday afternoon. Took about 3 days to install. What a bitch, but well worth it in the end. She's going on the dyno Friday morning at Outlaw in Hopedale. I'm expecting about 410ish or so to the wheels, that's as far as I want to go without an intercooler. Still has a few bugs I gotta work out (leaks antifreeze a bit, gotta bleed the system since the temp rises just a tad) but no big deal. I've been babying the hell out of it since I have a CEL for running too lean (now you know why I've been taking it easy.)

DSC00079.JPG

DSC00080.JPG

DSC00082.JPG

DSC00086.JPG

benny honna

Established Member
Wow that is awsome bud. how much boost can your current set up handle w/ out the intercooler, and are you going to puchase one? by the way the looks good, talk about a sleeper!

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Thank you. Right now it's set to 8lbs. My block can handle about 14lbs without issues. With no intercooler, I wouldn't put it past 10. The setup I have is capable to handle about 12lbs. I'm not worried about it, I don't plan to push it to 12 anyway. With an I/C, should be good for 440-470rwhp.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Yo Dave! Thanks, it WAS going to get tuned Friday, but I was leaking antifreeze, and I traced it back to the damn radiator, appears I put a hole in it by mistake when I was re-installing the new one so I have to find one before it goes anywhere. Yep, been here for a while before I found my MM I was looking for Cobra's, but one never came available in my price range. You hear about Adam?

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
He was gonna put an '04 Cobra motor in..........with NO blower. EPIC FAIL. It probably wouldn't have even run without it since it's lower compression than ours.

Users who are viewing this thread