Blower Swap ???'s

Bluebullit

Established Member
So i talked to a guy that is selling his 2.1 intercooled KB for a 99-04 GT and i have a intercooled vortech v2 sq blower making 440rwhp and 395rwtq and im wondering with the Comp XE274 cams what kind of power would i be looking at. we are talking about maybe trading setups in the future. what are the limits on these blowers to were im not spinning it to hard or should i just keep my lower? I have always wanted a KB and if we trade that would be sweet but ig not im still setting on a good setup so its whatever. I'm clueless when it comes to KB's but i figured someone could help me out a lil.

thanks guys

Bluebullit

Established Member
well considering i don't have a stock block... lets go from there. would i see about the same power at the same psi cause i know i will gain torque

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
if i were you id trade for that kb in a heartbeat. Its a much better designed setup and makes more power. Car will be faster with the kb on it. Also gets rid of that ugly plastic intake. But youll be limited to somewhere in the 500whp range. For more you would need the 2.6H

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Oh I forgot to mention that your current blower will actually support a bit more power but the KB on the street is just so much fun. More power down low. Up top the centri probably is better I guess.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
if i were you id trade for that kb in a heartbeat. Its a much better designed setup and makes more power. Car will be faster with the kb on it. Also gets rid of that ugly plastic intake. But youll be limited to somewhere in the 500whp range. For more you would need the 2.6H

+1

But if he ported his heads, that blower should support somewhere around the 600rwhp range. mind you, then we're talking 20+ psi and race fuel.
you could probably spray meth and get away with a 93 octane tune, though :beer:

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah i mean i have worked heads but im not sure on the size of the port with the Comp XE274 cams which are ok for a blower for an off the shelf cam. i think it would be fun to have a KB and vortech claims my vortech will support 650ish hp but the think im wondering about the KB is that if i do want to get a bigger one, will it bolt up to the intake manifold that comes with the 2.1 or will i have to get a different one? cause i know i would have to get a hood but that would be a good bit down the road

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread