Blower swap- questions about idle

chopperrescue

Established Member
I just installed my posi ported eaton w/ 2.76 billet flow pulley and snub idler this weekend with ported tb+plenom, SCT maf, Jlt cai, and kb bap. I've been saving and all my mods came in last week. NO TUNE yet, taking it to a tuner tomorrow.

car was stock before adding mods- I know not to drive it until I can get it tuned but I cranked the car to make sure everything was good. now-----

Its hard to start, want idle, drivability is terrible- meaning I have to feather the throttle to keep it running. I need to drive it atleast 20 miles to a tuner-

Should this be expected since I changed the Maf,blower,pullies ect.. with no tune or should I be looking at another problem with the blower install?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
maf alone can cause all kinds of issues...any decent tuner should be willing/able to send you over a tune thatll be good enough to get you to the dyno

cobracide

Established Member
You need to set your base idle. TPS ~.99V key on engine off. Search on setting base idle for more info. Someone posted this a bit ago.. Similar to what I did with my Dragon setup.

Take the tps off.
Start the car.
Set base idle with the stop screw.
Turn the car off.
Install tps, turn the key KOEO and set tps voltage to .98-1.0v.

If it's still idling high then you need to see what the idle is set at in the tune. You can change it with your tuner.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Don't mean to thread jack but before I took of the tps from my stock cobra tb I read the volts and it measured at .97 and I put it back at those volts in my accufab will this be ok

Users who are viewing this thread