Blower swap issues

01CobraGuy

Established Member
Hey Fellas, I did a search for this and couldn’t find anything on this exact issue. So this was the first real work I have done on my termi and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be however when I got it all back together it did not play out as I had planned. So I swapped my stock Eaton to a steggy stage 4, my injectors to 80lbs and my throttle body and plenum to accufab. Now I have what sounds like an exhaust leak with definite exhaust fumes coming from the passenger side engine compartment, the engine is stumbling bad and will barely idle and a horrible sucking sound coming from the air filter/mass air meter. Im thinking I broke the tube that runs from the EGR valve to the exhaust, I checked all my vacuum lines and everything is hooked up and not leaking. Could all 3 of these issues be related to the exhaust leak? Im thinking the air inlet is howling so bad because the car is barely idleing. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Im just hoping I didn’t mess up something really bad on my first blower swap I love this car and cant wait to get it back on the road.

01yellercobra

Established Member
no no start up tune before the car had just a pulley and exhaust and no tune and ran awesome I figured it would run good enough to get me to the dyno for a tune

You doubled the size of the injectors. The ECU still thinks it's has the 39's in place. Put the 39's back in, drive to your tuner, then swap the 80's in.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Lol and before it had a pulley and not tune?! You are gonna blow that thing up real fast. Start doing some research please.

01CobraGuy

Established Member
Lol and before it had a pulley and not tune?! You are gonna blow that thing up real fast. Start doing some research please.

I don't think it does the guy I got the car from didn't know too much about it, but it ran and drove perfect so I was never concerned I just never really hammered on it that much I was waiting to get these mods done before the tune.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Why not just have your tuner email you a base start up tune. Load that up on your hand held then upload it to the car.

01CobraGuy

Established Member
Why not just have your tuner email you a base start up tune. Load that up on your hand held then upload it to the car.

just bought a sct x4 handheld, is it possible that the base tune pre programmed in it will be good enough to get me running to the dyno?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
just bought a sct x4 handheld, is it possible that the base tune pre programmed in it will be good enough to get me running to the dyno?

no.

You will either need to tow it to your tuners shop or have him send you a start up tune which you can then load to you SCT then load to your car and baby it to the shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread