Blower reccomendations / dead horse beating

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt it. Eaton makes the rotors, but VMP has a foundry pour their castings for supercharger cases. I would think as long as they have cases they'll continue to sell the 2R. I have no doubt it will continue to be a popular swap for the coyote crowd, but the cases are a little different between the two. I'm thinking from a marketing standpoint, there are a lot of TVS' out there, so at some point they'll probably discontinue it when it's not feasible to make a small runs of cases going forward. That could be years from now. I'd bet that most that will upgrade to the Gen 3, will be turning loose some version of the 2.3 TVS.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
I’m getting the VMP gen 2R, I don’t care if it will be considered “old” once the VMP gen 3 comes out. Hahaha.

Vi_king500

Established Member
"Awaiting information on VMP's Gen3?

Tune in Thursday evening at 6PM for our new program, #BurnOutBox, where Justin Starkey will provide an update on the much anticipated and highly demanded VMP 2650."

FB page

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Justin said $799 for the 172mm and $749 for the 150mm in the video posted on youtube.

BlowerMan

Established Member
Hmm somehow missed that part. Ouch. Wonder if you pay the 250$ retune for the Gen 3 package for existing customers.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Good question. If you're running one of their tunes, they generally update it free if you buy their parts. The pricing info came much later in that broadcast. I can understand not listing to the whole thing. I was just running it in the background and they showed the throttle bodies and someone asked about pricing.

BlowerMan

Established Member
Bought a set of dw95 injectors too, wonder if that figures in retune pricing. Literally have like 6 choices for blowers. Geez

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Honestly, Ill hold my decision on a Gen 3 tb after they release flow specs. My whipple 170 flows almost 2100 CFMs as it is. Also, keep in mind that the Monoblade TBs are QURIKY as hell on the street. I drove from AZ to San Diego and back on one with no problems. got over 20mpg on the freeway too. But monos really only shine once the bypass valve closes and your in boost.

Theyre kind of a dog out of boost. At least, thats been my experience. Maybe these Gen 3 monos are the cats meow and the wider blade lets them have more control over tip in airflow and airspeed.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Honestly, Ill hold my decision on a Gen 3 tb after they release flow specs. My whipple 170 flows almost 2100 CFMs as it is. Also, keep in mind that the Monoblade TBs are QURIKY as hell on the street. I drove from AZ to San Diego and back on one with no problems. got over 20mpg on the freeway too. But monos really only shine once the bypass valve closes and your in boost.

Theyre kind of a dog out of boost. At least, thats been my experience. Maybe these Gen 3 monos are the cats meow and the wider blade lets them have more control over tip in airflow and airspeed.
Lund tuned my monoblade and many others to be very street friendly.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
The 3.6 can still run on 93 with less than 19 PSI on a 4” pulley. It dyno’d at 1,025 at 25 PSI. I’ve run at 30 PSI on a 3.25” pulley. It also sits under my stock hood with a little massaging.

Made a pass with the 3.25 pulley yet?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lunds my tuner as well. Its streetable, just a different response than a twin blade

jazz

Established Member
The 3.6 can still run on 93 with less than 19 PSI on a 4” pulley. It dyno’d at 1,025 at 25 PSI. I’ve run at 30 PSI on a 3.25” pulley. It also sits under my stock hood with a little massaging.

I just got a 3.6kb as well, tuning with lund too... just got tuned on 4” pulley, will be throwing the 3.25 pulley first then 3” pulley, might max outt the id1300s on the 3” pulley i think. Are you running 15% lower? How are you making 30psi of boost? I have cams so i might make less...

Users who are viewing this thread