Blower or rims?

Would you choose rims or a supercharger?

• p600b seeing 10# boost

Votes: 102 91.9%
  • FR500s

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I'm debating between a supercharger and FR500s. Both will cost relatively the same amount, the s/c being a little more. The FR500s will probably cost more in the long run with tires.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
wheels.. a blower will cost way more in the long run, after things start to wear down and you'll start replacing other parts it will add up.

Mac25

Established Member
I would go with the blower. I would rather have more power than nice rims. What rims do u have on the car now? I would think the blower would cost more...blower,install,tune...?

blk96SVT

Established Member
Blower is my vote. But it will cost you more in the end. Like changing a shredded belt at the track!!!!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Unless you're buying a used blower or very expensive rims they aren't close to the same price. Just remember with a blower you are taking the risk of ruining the bottom end (unless you're the idiot GT driver in the roadkill section that thinks you can run 15psi safely on stock internals as long as the tune is good:nonono: ).

If money is tight then the rims would probably be best. The blower will increase the risk of breaking other things in the car.

If money isn't an issue definitely get the blower.

blk96SVT

Established Member
He already has a built 331. I would for sure go with a s/c Andrew. They are so much fun except when you keep blowing the discharge tube off. I need to buy some T-bolt clamps to fix that little problem. Its a really cool feel when the boost hits and just keeps going. When I added my blower, I added 12 mph to my trap speed. I think it is a good purchase.

duane v

Established Member
If you drove a ricer honda, all your ricer friends would say "get the rims and tires"...

Now if you hang out with any mustang pals that have 1 oz. of sense, they would say "get the blower"....but Im starting to see that there are a fair share of ricer stang owners in the good ol USofA :-D ....

I say go for the power-adder :beer: ...DA snake boy!!!!

duane v

Established Member
Jwilliams said:
wheels.. a blower will cost way more in the long run, after things start to wear down and you'll start replacing other parts it will add up.
We found the ricer boy :-D ...DA snake boy!!!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Wheels aren't going to put as big a smile on your face as a blower would...

There wouldn't even be a question if it were me.

SVTclutch

Established Member
MidNight Snake said:
Who ever just voted for the rims needs to sell their cobra and go get a honda.

:lol: :lol:
So true :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :banana: BLOWER :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread