Blower making noise

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
Guys,

I saw a post a couple of days ago where a guy had a blower ported and it started making noises, mine is making that noise now. Is it the bearings inside for the rotors? if so what do I do try and fix it myself, or take it to the shop and have it fixed and ported??? please help, also will it be ok to drive for a bit like this, as I am still recouping from the other mods I just did 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for your help,
Randy

Pat Kelly

Established Member
mine did the same thing after i had it ported, kinda like a grinding noise.But its been fine I have about 400 miles on it

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Are you sure it's the s/c? If you haven't already take the s/c belt off and start the engine to see if the noise goes away. How many miles are on it?

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
the motor is just about 40k now , only thing I have done really is the pulley. I haven't tried without the belt on to see if it goes away or not but I am almost positive it is from the blower, no noise from down low just up top.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
air cavitation? was your idle tuned up in your tune? I have a little hallow noise from my blower until my foot is on the gas (seriously just resting on the pedal) with my 4 lb pulley

UVa SVT

Established Member
TucsonPred said:
air cavitation? was your idle tuned up in your tune? I have a little hallow noise from my blower until my foot is on the gas (seriously just resting on the pedal) with my 4 lb pulley
wow! I'm not the only one!! :shrug: what gives tho, seriously, that's weird. mine went away after my "tuner" (I put it in ""'s because it was strictly performance--I can't wait to get it tuned correctly) set the idle at about 1000, which, I think, is too high.

-Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread