Blower Lubrication

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Hey guys, Im sorry to waste your time with a question like this but I need to know. How do Eaton superchargers get their lubrication. Is there a special way to lube one up or how does it happen. Please let me know. Thanks
Mike

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls A$$!
Established Member
the rear bearing are a sealed roller bearing unit, and the front gears are seal and lubricated with supercharger oil, basically synthetic oil. the rear bearings should not need servicing and the same for the front bearings as they are sealed units, some change the fluid in the front gears as it is not that hard and provides peace of mind for some.

oh the bearings in the snout are also sealed and do not need servicing.

Last edited:

2000L

The front of the supercharger is lubricated by oil that is specfic to the eatons.

Rear bearings for the rotor pack are also lubricated by some special grease.

When I took my off to clean the intercooler I also disassembled the supercharger and cleaned the rotor pack as it was very dirty too. Upon re-assembly I used a synthetic bearing grease for the rear bearings and eaton supercharger on the front snout assmebly. No problems at all.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
and just an FYI, get the s/c oil from GM, it's half the price of the Ford stuff....and its the same thing..

Users who are viewing this thread