Blower input on 04 mach

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Ok guys so I recently sold my 04 gt with a vortech v3 on it and upgraded to a mach. I just really love the car.... Now I wanna boost it, I know the rods and pistons are not the same as the termis but I also know it has a forged crank. I dont really care for a top mount blower, so Im thinking another vortech... What kinda power can this care handle on a safe tune? How many pounds of boost could I get away with... I was running 10 1/2 on the 2v... Any input is helpful just wanna make sure I spend the money right..

Thanks- CJ

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Forgot some other things 64k miles kooks longtube headers heat wrapped, full exhaust no cats. Some more im missing im sure...

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have an 03 aviator longblock, which is pretty much the same as yours except I have the crappy 6 bolt non-forged crank. The heads are decked so it has a little higher compression, about 10.5:1. I'm running about 11.5 lbs of boost with a P1SC Procharger. Out of all the combinations I've had in this car, it's this longblock with the weakest internals they put in a 4V motor which has been by far the longest lasting, best running of them all. I've put about 85,000 miles on this configuration. Granted, it has a very conservative tune that pulls a ton of timing above 5K RPM which limits peak power, but the tune is a little more aggressive in the low-mid RPM where I spend most of my time for good bottom end torque and power at lower boost levels.

It made 414 whp with 6 lbs of boost, and it currently makes 455 whp now. I could get it tuned more aggressively and squeeze another 50 HP out of it on the top end.. But that doesn't really matter much to me on the street. Peak torque comes before 4K RPM..

Just don't get carried away with the tune and it'll run great and last a long time. A high compression 4V goes together great with a centri.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Id say stay around 500 and or 10 psi. Ive made 470 for the last 3+ years on the eaton setup and now the turbo setup. It hasnt had a easy life either. It gets drove.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a P1 on mine, it was 65-70 degrees the night we tuned it and the raw numbers were over 490, corrected brought it down to a hair over 460...about as far as I wanted to push it

99BlownVert

Established Member
had a friend with a turbo mach making 470 and threw a rod through the block. After looking at those factory rods I just don't trust them. I would keep it low 400's and you should be okay. RPM has a lot to do with how long they will last, these motors want to turn 7000 rpm and that is not good with boost and a stock bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread