blower for a 460?

Bill L.

Established Member
hey guys well im building a mud truck and i wanna put a 460 in it with a 557 stroker and i was wondering if any1 made a twinscrew type blower for a 460 cause ive been looking and i cant find 1 thanks alot
-bill

SGL

Banned
Bill L. said:
hey guys well im building a mud truck and i wanna put a 460 in it with a 557 stroker and i was wondering if any1 made a twinscrew type blower for a 460 cause ive been looking and i cant find 1 thanks alot
-bill

KB used to make one but I think they stopped producing the kit. Have you looked at just buying a basic blower from Whipple and mounting it to a standard carb type intake manifold. Seems like a popular mod with the boat guys.

Bill L.

Established Member
i need a huge blower tho 557 ci is alot of motor and im probably gonna spray it with like a 100 or a 150 shot cause i gotta spin 52'' tractor tires

SGL

Banned
Bill L. said:
i need a huge blower tho 557 ci is alot of motor and im probably gonna spray it with like a 100 or a 150 shot cause i gotta spin 52'' tractor tires

Well, Whipple makes the largest twin screw. it's 3.3L in displacement and it has been used on 528ci Hemis. They even have twin blower setup for those who just can't have enough power.

NXSVTCOBRA

weind makes one i believe, and some other companies..... word of advice a 100 or 150 shot will do nothing but tease any big block motor, blower or not

check summitt for the blowers

Bill L.

Established Member
ohh well im not worried about it cause i am building a 84 ranger with 1 ton running gear so its gonna be a 460 backed by a 4spd with a grannie gear im not shure which transfercase yet and the dana 60 front and rear axels on cut 39.5" boggers but im gonna keep it stock stroke and up it to a 250 direct port shot with like 11:1 comperssion pistons stock heads maybe have um ported later but a really nasty cam and a high rise intake with dual 850cfm double pumpers but the things not gonna weigh that much and the motor should atleast put 650 to 700 hp to the tires that and a super low gear ratio i dont see this thing stopping anytime soon but if i get anymore money together im gonna put a 514 stroker in it for shure and then maybe a big ol procharger ;)

Users who are viewing this thread