blower choices

oneboredguy

Established Member
I searched the forum for this blower vs that blower but couldn't find my question. I'm torn between a tvs or a 3.4 whipple. My question regarding the 3.4 is that you need to run a ton of boost to make huge power. Can this be done on 91 octane and water meth? E85 isn't readily available around here.

greenflash00

Established Member
You'll find that the larger displacement blowers wont make serious power until you spin the nutz off of them to the point that would require serious engine building to sustain. If you want to stay stock motor (and hood) then stay with a 2.3-2.9l range blower. If all you have is 91 then you'll never get the full benefit of a 3.4.

testorossa1989

Established Member
If your hung on 91 dont pick a 3.4. If you go torco route then its not a problem. Keep in mind, you need kmember spacers to clear the hood if your going bigger pulley. Lower pulleys are strongly frowned upon due to the risk of cracking the crank snout. Also, the bigger pulley that im aware of is a 4.00" that puts you at around 19psi. Realistically i think a 2.3 or 2.9 is better for you. As much as i hate to say this, you might be better off with a TVS

oneboredguy

Established Member
I take it that either nobody has run water meth with a3.4 or it wouldn't help enough to matter.motor is a dss short block with full bolt ons and ported heads. I want to have a 9 sec ride with my sra and t56

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I take it that either nobody has run water meth with a3.4 or it wouldn't help enough to matter.motor is a dss short block with full bolt ons and ported heads. I want to have a 9 sec ride with my sra and t56

You won't be driving a 9sec car with 91oct. Meth isn't a very reliable or atleast those that I have seen use it had issues and got rid of it.

You can run low boost and timing on the 3.4 for 9 and then run race gas with more boost and get your 9 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread