Blower Choices

ramstein

Established Member
Thinking I will be supercharging my 2016 and so far I like 2.3 TVS or Procharger. Havent heard much about other choices. What are the pros and cons of these two. Other options and why? Can I keep stock exhaust, maybe with cats removed only?

whatsup62

Established Member
Two different types...TVS is a PD style, while the Procharger is a centrifugal. The TVS is a more difficult install, there is areas of the block that need to be grounded off. But have seen good results.
I went Procharger myself for several reasons. Very easy install, very easy to reverse and take off if selling the call. Like the feel of a centrifugal better. Very linear power....more streetable in my opinion. Either way you will have a boosted Coyote and it will be a blast.

calebdnehus

Established Member
I just bought a TVS 2 weeks ago. If you're building a street car and have some cash to break I'd go with a VMP or roush. The low end torque is a blast and is literally there as soon as you hit it. With a centri you gotta wind it up a little more but is a bit easier on the car. It just depends on what you want and what you plan do to with the car

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Whipple has a nice front feed 2.9 package, it's what SAI uses on their SS conversions.........offers chrome & colors for extra $$$.
Costs nothing to check out their site.

Both of my cars have Whipple upgrades, ( 2.9 on the 11, a 3.4 on the 14 ) & have had very good results..

Last edited:

calebdnehus

Established Member
Whipple has a nice front feed 2.9 package, it's what SAI uses on their SS conversions.........offers chrome & colors for extra $$$.
Costs nothing to check out their site.

Both of my cars have Whipple upgrades, ( 2.9 on the 11, a 3.4 on the 14 ) & have had very good results..

Whipple is a very nice choice. They look great as you can see

Chigurr

Established Member
I went VMP Stage 2. I did not install it myself, instead had a close buddy who owns a shop do it. As for grinding down on the block, he said it wasn't hard at all. As for the kit itself, I love it. The car drives like its stock until you get into the gas.

Attachments

• 18012984_1305124539567724_1672457304_o.jpg
    18012984_1305124539567724_1672457304_o.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 159

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Both Procharger and TVS style set ups are great, both can maintain stock exhaust set ups. But performance increases with headers. What are your end goals to achieve with the vehicle?

chris1badL

Established Member
What pulley were you running and whats your PSI and peak rpm? Got VMP stage 2 going on soon and looking to break 600

3.750 pulley which is what whipple sends with there kit usually. Its 11lb pulley. That pull he made 688 was 7800rpm I believe. Would have made 700+ plus if he kept going, has the original oil pump gear so he let out

calebdnehus

Established Member
3.750 pulley which is what whipple sends with there kit usually. Its 11lb pulley. That pull he made 688 was 7800rpm I believe. Would have made 700+ plus if he kept going, has the original oil pump gear so he let out

DAMN. Thats getting up there. I was going to cut mine off at 7000rpm. I emptied my pockets for the kit so rebuild money is going to take a while to build up. Once I get the coin, I figure on swapping internals to forged and cranking up the boost and calling it day. I think that should hold together

chris1badL

Established Member
DAMN. Thats getting up there. I was going to cut mine off at 7000rpm. I emptied my pockets for the kit so rebuild money is going to take a while to build up. Once I get the coin, I figure on swapping internals to forged and cranking up the boost and calling it day. I think that should hold together

What year is your car?

Chigurr

Established Member
Mine is 17 as well. I'm on stock OPG's too and have VMP stage 2. If you have 93 oct accessible to you, you WILL make mid 600 whp. I'm on the 82mm pulley and I make close to 600 whp on 91 oct. My tuner is still datalogging and dialing in my car. He expects it to be a little higher than 600 whp.

I'm on stock OPG's as I said. I rev mine to 7500 every time I race it. OPG's aren't going to break because of high revving. They break because of 2 stepping and bouncing off the rev limiter. Don't do either of those and you will be fine.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Mine is 17 as well. I'm on stock OPG's too and have VMP stage 2. If you have 93 oct accessible to you, you WILL make mid 600 whp. I'm on the 82mm pulley and I make close to 600 whp on 91 oct. My tuner is still datalogging and dialing in my car. He expects it to be a little higher than 600 whp.

I'm on stock OPG's as I said. I rev mine to 7500 every time I race it. OPG's aren't going to break because of high revving. They break because of 2 stepping and bouncing off the rev limiter. Don't do either of those and you will be fine.

That makes me a little better. Currently I have a set of billet OPG's and crank sproket. I will more than likely be grabbing an ati super damper to kill the extra vibrations caused by the supercharger belt. That is supposed to be what causes the OPG's to go boom when you start doing as you said with bouncing the limiter. From what I've read anyway

calebdnehus

Established Member
Mine is also coming with the 85mm to start. I figured I see where that put me power/PSI wise and then go from there. My current plan is to get it installed, dialed in, and then start modding air flow to drop my PSI and then pulley down to get it back around 10ish or so and then calling it day. Talking with my guy that owns the shop, he seems to think that should push us close to or over 700 wheel

Obsol3te

Orange Golfball
Established Member
Poor Kenne Bell doesn't have the advertisement to get out. Currently running the 3.2L system on my car running 12lbs of boost. Should be just shy of 800whp on 93 with a dynojet, but last dyno was on a mustang dyno. It made 711whp cutting out 500rpm early.

The kit was to my door with tuning cheaper than anything the whipple vendors could do at the time with comparable upgrades(that the KB included in their base kit)
Give ol boostworks a call

Users who are viewing this thread