Blood Diamond...Anyone seen it?

CCT

Established Member
So yeah just got back from watching this movie, and dear God was it good. Not only was there kick-butt action throughout pretty much the entire flick, but it actually had a story that revealed what went on and could still be going on over in that part of the world.

So anyone else seen it and what do you think?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yessir. Saw it the week it came out and loved it. It blew away any expectations that I had beforehand. I think the movie itself, as well as either one of the main actors could easily win an Oscar. Leo better not get gipped out of this one.

You are right, the insane action, plus the heartbreaking story is a great mix. The girl I saw it with was crying for a good half hour towards the end and at one point, almost made me teary eyed.

Plus I liked the rap song at the end, kinda wanna find out what it was.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Will Leo get an oscar for this or for "The Departed"? That was an awesome movie! I will have to go see Blood Diamond before its off.

03gtcoupe

Banned
"In America is all Bling Bling, over here it's Bling Bang!" One of the gayest lines from a movie ever. A close second to this one from The Mothman Professies. "Chapstick!" LOL

99caddysts

Established Member
Didn't the horrible accent distract any of you?

I refuse to see this becuase all i will think about during the movie is Leos bad accent. Although i really like Leo as an actor in most of his other movies.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i thought this movie was fantastic and could easily win best picture with Leo winning for best actor. i cant believe that this movie was not nominated for best film for the producers guild awards, not that anyone cares about that anyways but it often can predict where the oscars will head. while The Departed was good, Blood Diamond BY FAAAR was better. Leo is nominated for a SAG award for BD, not TD. its Jack Nicholson who they think will win for TD. although im not sure he did any THAT great in that movie. dunno, have to see it again.

Ive heard people mentioning Leo's accent and "what the hell kind of accent is it supposed to be?!" he pulls it off marvelously. its supposed to be a Dutch/Afrikaans accent. not once during the movie did it distract me.

as for his line, "Bling Bling...bling bang" that was kinda lame. the "bling bling" phrase hadnt even been close to being around back then. unless it was started in Africa...:p

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
99caddysts said:
Didn't the horrible accent distract any of you?

I refuse to see this becuase all i will think about during the movie is Leos bad accent. Although i really like Leo as an actor in most of his other movies.

How do you know what that accent is supposed to sound like? I've never been to Africa but I thought it sounded very genuine, just like in all his other movies.

I'd say this movie was better than 'The Departed'. He should definitely win best actor in BD.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I find it funny that everyone talks about the movie and the story line. Ever come across that those types of actions take place in Africa daily? But yes, it was a great movie.

Bootie

Established Member
svt4stv said:
Ive heard people mentioning Leo's accent and "what the hell kind of accent is it supposed to be?!" he pulls it off marvelously. its supposed to be a Dutch/Afrikaans accent. not once during the movie did it distract me.

Yeah, he does it okay, but you can tell. I've spent a good amount of time in S. Africa so I know how it's suppose to sound.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
Leo is not some whining sniveling little bitch in this movie ... Is he?

No sir. He's actually pretty hardcore at times. Told some huge African dude that he'd skin him like a rabbit, and actually fought him at one point :uh oh: Shoots a lot of guys too.

Users who are viewing this thread