Block

dutchrower16

Established Member
I am thinking about upgrading my block so I don’t have to worry about it splitting down the middle. Instead of spending 1200 on a BOSS block, I know you can use some of the old iron blocks from the 70s trucks. Anybody know what years 351 blocks can be used. I currently have a forged 302, stock block pushing 506 to the rear.

Jimboslice751

Established Member
You can use any 351 block but it is not compatible with 302 intakes or rotating assemblies. I believe the ones after 93 are all roller cam and are known to handle 700 hp well

dutchrower16

Established Member
I plan on changing my intakes and rotating assy. but I thought the older iron blocks are good to well over 1000hp?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Like mentioned any of the 351 blocks should be good to 700hp or more. Are you going to go roller? If using an older block you will need to have it machined for a roller cam and you need link bar lifters. Just a little FYI for when your out looking for a block.

Jimboslice751

Established Member
I've heard similar things about the older blocks but never anything solid. Still never heard of anyone breaking a newer 351 roller block

crazycarlo

Established Member
No ive never heard of breaking newer either but depending on where you are it may be harder to find a newer one. It seems like it depends on the part of the country. Either way I dont think you can go wrong with one. Id love to do a 408 in my coupe.

Dig Race

Established Member
The roller block are said to be weaker but I have still seen them at 7-800. How much power do you want to make?

Users who are viewing this thread