Blinker Stalk Replacement Problems. HELP

96cobrakid

Established Member
So I just got 2 replacement blinker stalk/wiper/emergency hazards stalk deals from a junk yard. My moms wipers in her 97 Expedition were not working, and my sisters 96 Explorer's blinkers were not working. I went to the junk yard, got a explorer one and a expedition one (they are the same but the push button for the fluid is different)

So first I did my moms expedition. As soon as I turned the car on, the wipers stayed on, they would not turn off, as I went to a faster speed wiper, they slowed down. As I went slower they sped up, and the slower it went, the fluid would just come on by itself. Then if you sped them up the fluid would turn off. So it clearly is not working. I took the one for the explorer and put it in to see what would happen, same thing.

So Then I tried the explorer and it did the exact same thing, everything worked pretty much backwards, oh and the blinkers still didn't work.

What kind of weird gremlin am, I dealing with? I figured replacing the whole unit should solve the problem. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread