blind bias

dead man walkin

Established Member
Ok is it just me or are 98% of all camaro drivers so blinded by brand loyalty that they have lost grip on reality? Now to be fair I am ford bias, this is only because in the past I had my GM flag waving days, I even paid for schooling and became an automotive engineer thru GM teaching.. it was thru my teachers and experience in GM that I learned and saw the lack of engineering that goes on there.. done battling what I’ll call poor engineering (the nicest term I can muster) I switched to mopar.. and set to learning the mopar ways… this is truly the dark side.. and it’s expensive.. pretty.. but expensive.. so here I was in 2010 .. still in engineering (not for automotive) and looking for a muscle car.. doing all my research and ruling out the vehicles that wouldn’t work (needed 4 seats) and ones I didn’t like or couldn’t justify the cost on (M6) I set to researching and driving the newest muscle cars. The SRT8 charger and challenger, the camaro, and the one I didn’t think would be close the mustang with the 5.0. over a year to drive and research and lurking on every forum out there for each one.. over that time I learned for the price I couldn’t justify an SRT8 .. the stock performance was just too far behind the camaro and mustang for the price, they wanted almost as much as a GT 500.. so it was out.. and I wanted to like the camaro, although every drive and honest comparison with power, engine feel, transmission feel and interior quality was pushing me away from it, so I went to the internet hoping it would prove the camaro was more reliable.. it turned into the opposite.. it had multiple recalls and more than 3 times the TSB’s as the mustang.. yet every camaro driver touted the performance is superior to the mustang, as the magazine reviews stacked up against this theory.. then the non recall problems started rolling in, heater core failures resulting in windshields having to be removed.. convertible top failures, the same oil leaks that plagued the old GM v8’s .. yet still I ordered a camaro.. and waited still lurking on many sites, the mustang had it trans issue come and go.. the resulting government probe only turned up 5 transmission failures out of the hundreds of complaints.. this I chalked up to GM mudslinging, little known to everyone GM has a group that does this, back as far as Nader when they hired people to turn up dirt on him.. to this day this group slings mud and uses the internet and other forms of media to attack others and build themselves up .. but I digress,. Thanks to GM my car was held back for quality issues, which gave me time to research still, the more I looked the more it lost its shine, finally the day came the salesman called, armed with my list of issues that the camaro5 forum posted I headed right there, I got in it closed the door and promptly scratched the plastic door with my watch… still that’s ok right? I grabbed the over sized plastic feeling shifter and backed out almost into a brand new truck I couldn’t see coming.. still I’ll get used to being blind.. I pulled it up and promptly went over it finding nearly half the list or errors on my car.. it was then it hit me.. this car is a rebranded Australian framed, 1950’s engine, poorly designed body, with the same quality issues GM has always chased.. I left and drove a 2011 mustang with no bias for the first time.. and loved it.. I ordered it on the spot.. 2 years later I still watch all the camaro sites long after being banned, and laugh at the thousands blinded, with bias..

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Ok is it just me or are 98% of all camaro drivers so blinded by brand loyalty that they have lost grip on reality? Now to be fair I am ford bias, this is only because in the past I had my GM flag waving days, I even paid for schooling and became an automotive engineer thru GM teaching.. it was thru my teachers and experience in GM that I learned and saw the lack of engineering that goes on there.. done battling what I’ll call poor engineering (the nicest term I can muster) I switched to mopar.. and set to learning the mopar ways… this is truly the dark side.. and it’s expensive.. pretty.. but expensive.. so here I was in 2010 .. still in engineering (not for automotive) and looking for a muscle car.. doing all my research and ruling out the vehicles that wouldn’t work (needed 4 seats) and ones I didn’t like or couldn’t justify the cost on (M6) I set to researching and driving the newest muscle cars. The SRT8 charger and challenger, the camaro, and the one I didn’t think would be close the mustang with the 5.0. over a year to drive and research and lurking on every forum out there for each one.. over that time I learned for the price I couldn’t justify an SRT8 .. the stock performance was just too far behind the camaro and mustang for the price, they wanted almost as much as a GT 500.. so it was out.. and I wanted to like the camaro, although every drive and honest comparison with power, engine feel, transmission feel and interior quality was pushing me away from it, so I went to the internet hoping it would prove the camaro was more reliable.. it turned into the opposite.. it had multiple recalls and more than 3 times the TSB’s as the mustang.. yet every camaro driver touted the performance is superior to the mustang, as the magazine reviews stacked up against this theory.. then the non recall problems started rolling in, heater core failures resulting in windshields having to be removed.. convertible top failures, the same oil leaks that plagued the old GM v8’s .. yet still I ordered a camaro.. and waited still lurking on many sites, the mustang had it trans issue come and go.. the resulting government probe only turned up 5 transmission failures out of the hundreds of complaints.. this I chalked up to GM mudslinging, little known to everyone GM has a group that does this, back as far as Nader when they hired people to turn up dirt on him.. to this day this group slings mud and uses the internet and other forms of media to attack others and build themselves up .. but I digress,. Thanks to GM my car was held back for quality issues, which gave me time to research still, the more I looked the more it lost its shine, finally the day came the salesman called, armed with my list of issues that the camaro5 forum posted I headed right there, I got in it closed the door and promptly scratched the plastic door with my watch… still that’s ok right? I grabbed the over sized plastic feeling shifter and backed out almost into a brand new truck I couldn’t see coming.. still I’ll get used to being blind.. I pulled it up and promptly went over it finding nearly half the list or errors on my car.. it was then it hit me.. this car is a rebranded Australian framed, 1950’s engine, poorly designed body, with the same quality issues GM has always chased.. I left and drove a 2011 mustang with no bias for the first time.. and loved it.. I ordered it on the spot.. 2 years later I still watch all the camaro sites long after being banned, and laugh at the thousands blinded, with bias..

Very nice post.. I don't think many reasonable guys on this site are blind biased. We just know the better car.. I loved the look of the Camaro when they came out, and always liked 1st Gen's far more than 1st Gen Mustangs, so I was interested until I drove my buddy's 2010 SS.. Talk about a disappointment. And that was only the performance.. The interior is a monstrosity that I could never look at day in and day out.. Blind spots as you said, QC issues... He kept that car less than 3 months, and actually traded it for a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and never looked back.

Then why bother posting :poke:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
didnt-read.gif

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Just look at the threads in Pics and Vids when people sell their Cobra for something else. It's not just the Chevy guys. It's the Ford guys, it's the Mopar guys, It's the Honda guys.

Hell, Corvette guys discriminate against camaro guys, and pretty much everything else.

Drive what you want, that's what I say.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I have to admit, i got through the first sentence and gave up as well. i think i have an idea of where you were going though. I love my Fords, always have always will, but i keep an open mind and have owned imports as well as a GM (Typhoon). I do tend to think some people have their head in their butts though when it comes to their brand car

Users who are viewing this thread