Blew my 2001 Cobra Engine today!

Svt03Cobra

Wanna Race?
Established Member
I started it up and it locked up!!! :mj: So it's for sale if any one is interested. I'm so mad. One of my friends blew his 01 motor racing down the road not long ago. But oh well. I'm so disappointed!!!!!!! It only has 16,000 miles on it!!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone when they have 8 cars in their signature. Welcome to the real world, if only for a moment. :rollseyes

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Call a roll-back and push it off through your ford dealers front window if they don't fix it. How did it lock up?? forget to add oil after the change or what?? Havent heard of any of these new motors doing anything like this.

cnp24

Established Member
Yeah, the built 01 or the stock? Damn, 19yr old college student with 8
cars....I was happy with my one at that age. lol

Mach0ne351

Established Member
Originally posted by 99COBRA2881
I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone when they have 8 cars in their signature. Welcome to the real world, if only for a moment. :rollseyes

ya seriously. two 01 cobra, and 03, 99GT Saleen, 87 tt supra....i mean god......what did u do to the cobra to have it blow up? makes no sense, unless you never maintained it. low on oil? coolant? user error if u ask me. i have 38k miles on mine. not issues with the motor at all, and its far from stock. did u beat on it after you bought it? maybe u didnt break in the engine well. i baby-ed mine for 1500 miles. runs like a champ, and as hard as the day i got it. is urs under warranty still?

-marek

Svt03Cobra

Wanna Race?
Established Member
I took very good care of the car and it just locked up one day??? It doesn't even have one mark in the paint!!! It stays in the basement covered up and never drove hardley! I have no idea why it blew up????????????????? VERY WEIRD!!! Plus it blew up the day after halloween!! Maybe someone did something to it? :mj:

Established Member
sorry, pet peave, stop saying "and etc." It makes you look stupid. And, sorry, I simply don't believe you when you say the motor just stopped. Check the oil pump, check the oil pan plug, check the dipstick. Did you hear anything? What did it sound like when it seized when you started it? You aren't going to get any help if you don't tell us what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread