blew a plug

opie99

Established Member
cruisin home last night night at normal speed and my truck decided to upchuck one of my plugs and i have a few questions to ask.
i really dont have a whole lot of money so im doin this on a budget.
how well do the timeserts work and last? i plan on doin it to all 8 plugs, btw its an 01
i was also thinkin of getting another set of heads to try to cut down on down time, can i fit any of the 4.6, 5.4 pi heads on my L? i know the about the windsor and romeo valve cover deal
i also plan on havin a machine shop look at them so does anybody know of a reputable shop here in the midwest?
thanks kyle

divided

Established Member
cruisin home last night night at normal speed and my truck decided to upchuck one of my plugs and i have a few questions to ask.
i really dont have a whole lot of money so im doin this on a budget.
how well do the timeserts work and last? i plan on doin it to all 8 plugs, btw its an 01
i was also thinkin of getting another set of heads to try to cut down on down time, can i fit any of the 4.6, 5.4 pi heads on my L? i know the about the windsor and romeo valve cover deal
i also plan on havin a machine shop look at them so does anybody know of a reputable shop here in the midwest?
thanks kyle

I blew a plug and had it time sert'd. So far it's been working fine with no issues. From the research I did on mine when it happened, the time sert kit is the way to go. Good luck.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I don't own an L , but have fixed a few cases of blown plugs.
As stated the Timesert is the preferable way to make the repair .

Users who are viewing this thread