Blew a plug out again...

Mach0ne351

Established Member
haha blew out my #3 plug again.....time for thread-inserts!! i cant even screw a plug back into the port anymore. the threads are totally shot. fun driving home on 7 cylinders was fun!! lol....good thing i was able to unplug the injector and remove the damaged plug and coilpack before i drove it 8miles. stupid ford for only putting 4 threads to keep the plugs held!

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Four threads in an aluminum head -- go figure. What were they thinking. Strike that -- I know. They were thinking how do we save every single penny in production. So are you going to just put Time-serts (or something else) in one hole or all eight? I hope I don't have to make that decision too soon. Good luck!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ALL EIGHT ARE GETTING FIXED! lol

ill be towing the cobra to my family auto shop in a fews, and the work is gonna commence! stupid idiots are ford. it blew out once 4wks ago, and i was able to rescrew and tighten it again...it popped out again yesterday, but did more damage this time.....all threads gone, and the coilpack damaged (rubber boot ripped off). i laughed lol....then took the broken parts off (thanks to my wife for bring me my tools to work after it happened), then unplugged the injector, and babied it home.

Last edited:

whitevenom99

Established Member
Had it happen to me too. Trashed the coil pack though had to get a new one. I got the timesert kit and fixed it then the engine took a dump a week later. Oh well built engine now.

Tomjh99

Established Member
Damn man That makes 2 of us. I posted with the same thing happen to me about 3 weeks back. I had the mechanic put in a heli-coil. Problem was fixed for a few miles then same thing, blew the plug again. Took it back and they put in a bigger heli-coil. Now it's fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread