Blew a head gasket

Teksid281

Banned
What now? I just want to fix this engine, i know i will be replacing both gaskets, and i want to have a valve job done while the heads are off. What else should i look into? New rings? What about rotating assembly? Motor has high miles but isnt hurt, but i dont wanna go as far as doing both head gaskets and not freshen it all the way, if not improve on what I have. Dont wanna go forced induction, maybe some nitrous down the road. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
If I had high miles on the motor already I would consider doing a full rebuild. The head gaskets would just be an excuse for better internals. At least for me.

Teksid281

Banned
If I had high miles on the motor already I would consider doing a full rebuild. The head gaskets would just be an excuse for better internals. At least for me.

Yea I feel the same way. I was looking into the livernois 298 stroker, what else would i need if i were to purchase this kit?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Yea I feel the same way. I was looking into the livernois 298 stroker, what else would i need if i were to purchase this kit?

For a N/A or Nitrous application, I would recommend our 10.8:1 Stroker Assembly.

We also recommend a replacement oil pump (Ford Racing or Melling), ARP Head Studs, Flexplate or Flywheel Bolts, and Balancer Bolt, Cometic Head Gaskets, Permatex Spray-A-Gasket Copper Spray, and our Crankshaft Scraper. You'll also need an 8-bolt flexplate or flywheel.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Teksid281

Banned
Thank you Rick, what kind of power gains would one see with this setup? Anyone else been down a similar road, I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
i just had mine done...it is not cheap to have a shop do it...you def. dont wanna have just head gaskets put on and then pay for the labor again for them removing the motor to do it all again...btw you can't do the head gaskets in the car it is a pain in the ass the motor has to come out...you can save yourself a lot of money if you can pull the motor yourself and take it somewhere to have it done

Teksid281

Banned
i just had mine done...it is not cheap to have a shop do it...you def. dont wanna have just head gaskets put on and then pay for the labor again for them removing the motor to do it all again...btw you can't do the head gaskets in the car it is a pain in the ass the motor has to come out...you can save yourself a lot of money if you can pull the motor yourself and take it somewhere to have it done

That was the plan. BTW, is this Nazir?

Users who are viewing this thread