Bleeding convertible top lines

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I did a search and found nothing on this. Does anyone know the correct procedure for bleeding the lines that operate the convertible top? I am in the middle of a rollbar install and noticed one of my lines is very close to the end of it's life (has a damaged section in the middle of the line next to one of the top's arms) and would like to replace it now before it starts leaking. The pump shows what fluid to use, I just don't know how to purge the air in the system out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

:read:

Juruense

Banned
If required, remove the hydraulic system from the vehicle. Refer to Hydraulic System, Lift Cylinder and Motor in this section.
Remove the fill plug at the end of the hydraulic pump.

Fill the pump with Mercon® Multi-Purpose Automatic Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX or equivalent to the bottom of the fill hole and install the fill plug.

NOTE: Some noise squeal may be noticed due to the air in the system.

Connect a 12-volt power source to the motor connector and operate the motor until the cylinders are fully extended. Reverse the 12-volt connection to fully retract the cylinders. Repeat this procedure three times.
Remove the fill plug and check the fluid level. Fill the pump with MERCON® Multi-Purpose Automatic Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX or equivalent to the bottom of the fill hole.

Install a fill plug.

Install the hydraulic system in the vehicle. Refer to Hydraulic System, Lift Cylinder and Motor in this section.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thank you! I'm assuming this can all be done in the car also. I can change the line in the vehicle with no problem but taking the entire system out just to bleed it would be a major PIA!

Users who are viewing this thread