Blast from the past: GT90

dks

Established Member
Anyone old enough to remember this vehicle? Why was it never produced, and shoved under the rug? The new GT, let alone any other supercar, cant compass this.
gt90-2.jpg

It was the descendent of the GT40. I remember that they used two lincoln mark VIII blocks (B headed 4.6DOHC that had two cylinders removed) and laser welded to make the V-12. Obviously the crank, cams, and heads were one-offs. It's a damn shame that this car was never produced. :cuss:
_ford_gt90-3.jpg

felix_viper_fan_1090852494_gt90.jpg

GT90_3.jpg

gt9010.jpg

gt902.jpg

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
Used to play that car all the time in one of the first Need For Speeds on PC. That is a bad ass looking car.

94SN95

Established Member
I think ford scrapped the GT90 for cost issues and yea they do have an actual model and it is and AWSOME car!! I have the magazine that did the story on this car

inteller

Established Member
I was leaning on it at the SVT garage during dinner one night. Neat looking car, but it had a little bit of too much "We Love the '90s!" color treatment. Fun to race in Sega GT Online though :)

ripnroar46

Established Member
jguerrero said:
Used to play that car all the time in one of the first Need For Speeds on PC. That is a bad ass looking car.

Same here, that car was awsome, i used to mess around to get the wing go up and down.

IShb3w

Established Member
bump, i wanna see more of this car, and more INFO! i remember reading about it in a magazine back in 95, i think it had a v10 ro 12 i cant remember which, but i had a black model of it, and it was damn sexy. it was black.. id love to see some black ones on the net... anybody?

edit: just now noticed the first post where it mentioned the motor, my bad. but still wanna know more lol

Last edited:

CobraKalas

Established Member
i believe whats his face from the TOPGEAR vids when doin the new ford gt episode related to this, and said he drove the prototype and it had a top speed of like 40 mph? but in the video game its like the most badass car ever

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
1999CobraR said:
i believe whats his face from the TOPGEAR vids when doin the new ford gt episode related to this, and said he drove the prototype and it had a top speed of like 40 mph? but in the video game its like the most badass car ever

engine was great. it was a V12 quad turbo. but it was a heavy boat. didnt handle for crap and the transmission was worse than a lambo. 1st and 4th were the only gears they could get to work. and it did have a top speed of 40mph because of the transmission problems. they only make 15 of these cars.. and they costs half a million each.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I was at a show in '04 in illinois and I got to see it and hear her start... Totally bad ass... The one we saw is the one that goes to all the shows nationally. The SVT guy said that the others were all stored in museums and grages owned by Ford. This particular one has a crack in the unique window of the drivers side door. They said It cant be repaired cause, well, there are no spare parts for a car so exotic.

Here's the pic..

dsc_0121.jpg

She's a total work of art.

IShb3w

Established Member
fuelonempty said:
I was at a show in '04 in illinois and I got to see it and hear her start... Totally bad ass... The one we saw is the one that goes to all the shows nationally. The SVT guy said that the others were all stored in museums and grages owned by Ford. This particular one has a crack in the unique window of the drivers side door. They said It cant be repaired cause, well, there are no spare parts for a car so exotic.

Here's the pic..

dsc_0121.jpg

She's a total work of art.

omg, that pic definately does it justice (well ive never seen one in person). if you say its still ugly after that pic, then something just isnt all there upstairs. that looks totally sex imo

TR MACH

Established Member
I bought that model a long time ago when i ws like 6 or 7 and i still have it in my closet, and i am 16 now. I always thought it looked badass. I never knew they actually made a few for the prototype. That picture is awesome man.

Banned
I love this car. If they produced it, it would have been great. But I think it was too far ahead of its time.

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
MAN i remeber when that car was in every mag, as I recall the rear tires had the Ford emblem cut repeatedly for the tread....always thought those would be bitchin on a show car....

Users who are viewing this thread