Blahh........Stilll Rubs!

Sny714

Established Member
Ok well as some of you might remember I put a 1" spacer on my 18x10 FR500s awhile back. It looked good but it rubbed pretty badly with my rear stance and 285s. So after 2 weeks those spacers came off.

I liked the wide stance so I was searching around on ideas of getting the spacers back on but without rubbing. I rolled my fenders, and I also purchased Steeda Rear Springs, knowing the rear springs will lift the car slightly. Well today I put the Rear springs in and only put the bottom ISOs in, since I saw pics with both isos on steeda springs and it looked too stock for me. I put the 1" spacer back on at the same time. The rear is slightly higher than what I had, which was my goal, but I guess its not high enough since I still rub. On a big dip/bump or hard turn I still rub. I do have 295s in the rear now but I guess I will never be able to use this spacer on these wheels. :shrug: I dont want to lift the rear more just to not rub with the spacer. Here are some pics from today. They suck bc they were quick. Also it wasnt worth washing the car since its going to rain tonight.

Also, I have front coilovers going in soon so I will eventually get that stance Im looking for.

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

So pretty much Im not full satisfied because I wanted to run the spacers. They will be coming off this week. I was thinking about changing my wheels since Im really bored of them. Ive been looking into 17x10.5 03-04s so that I can run a wider tire and not need a spacer to be flush with the fender.

To Compare: This is from 2 weeks ago. H&Rs in Rear without a spacer.

I guess I'll have to do without a spacer.

Sny714

Established Member
I run LFP 3/8'' Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit with the button head bolt and rolled fender. No rubbing issues anymore. You can get those spacers here if interested... LFP 3/8'' Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit [WheelSpacer] - $89.95 : Lightning Force Performance

I guess a smaller spacer is another option too. Any pics with the 3/8 Spacer? I dont want such a small spacer to where its almost a waste of money because it didnt change the look that much. ALso I never had a problem with the IRS Bolt, even when I ran 17x10.5 with 315 in the rear.

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
My rear setup...

H&R Race with bottom iso only, MM Low profile bolt, LFP 3/8'' spacers, BFG 295's. I have no rubbing and I didn't have to roll the fender.

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Sny714

Established Member
Yea my problem as you can see in the above pic is that my tire sits flush with the fender lip. That's what I rub. If I do keep these wheels I will buy a smaller spacer. I might change my wheel combo all together. Anymore pics Predatorbird? Like 3/4 shots or something to see the stance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread