Blacked out 03 cobra Question?

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
On my 2003 cobra everything is blacked out the wheels and I’ve already ordered my headlight covers and taillight covers. Now my question is the Cobra emblems should I take those of and paint them black to and possibly do my ford emblem in black too.
I’ve tried finding a picture online but haven't been able to find any.

Your thoughts on the matter would be must appreciative.

I also would have got smoked taillights but everywhere I look they have bad reviews about how the lights don’t line up straight. And I personally think it looks better with the covers on a lot darker.
:beer:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I painted my emblems flat black and made my own custom Ford emblem. Sorry, I only have a good pic of the Ford emblem.
REARBADGES001.jpg

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
I don’t believe anyone sells this because FORD won't authorize it.I’ve tried EBAY I couldn't find one, but I’m using this Hajji internet. But anyways if you find one for sell could you let me know. Oh what kind of paint did you use on the Cobra emblems?

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Someone used to sell them on eBay in red, white and black. I wanted the bezel not in chrome so I made it my self. There are places that sell overlays for the Ford emblem. I used flat black Rustolem for all the emblems. Scuff them, clean them, prime and paint. To do the black Ford emblem you will need two emblems. The "ford" part comes out of the chrome section. You will damage the center on one and the bezel on the other getting them apart. Paint the two pieces the color of your choice and epoxy back together once dry.

Last edited:

NVSnake

Established Member
03 Cobra Coy. How did you like the quality of the tail lights from the E-bay vendor? Any pictures of your car? I am considering the Blacked Out look as well. TIA

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
well there being shipped right now .. my dad is going to put them on my car because im in afganistan . but he will send me pictures ill post them when he puts them on

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
i actually bout my tail lights and headlights from AMAZON.com and they actually turned out nice. hope yall like it

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
nope I cant see it, you can upload them from your computer unless your a premium member. You need to upload them onto facebook first.

Also for the back Ford Emblems the best you cna go with is

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ford-oval-trunk-emblems-black-red-white.html

He custom made me a redfire one and it turned out AWESOME! Also these for the SVT badges:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2/706900-custom-terminator-badges-emblem.html

I have a chrome one of these with a Redfire Terminator scroll!

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread