Blackberry storm vs tour

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
What's up guys? I'm getting a new phone tomorrow I was wondering if anyone had the new tour and maybe had the storm before. Or just has just had one, I just kinda wanted to know the pro's and con's of both. And also does the new tour have the facebook app like the storm? I know it sounds gay but I use facebook alot. Thanks in advance.

MusclePower1

Established Member
I had the Storm and am now using the Tour. The Storm is a good phone, not great or groundbreaking like it was supposed to be. The Tour much faster and more reliable. I would definitely recommend the Tour over the Storm. If you MUST have a touchscreen hold off a bit for the Storm 2, which, based of what I've read thus far, is the great phone the original Storm was supposed to be.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I had the Storm and am now using the Tour. The Storm is a good phone, not great or groundbreaking like it was supposed to be. The Tour much faster and more reliable. I would definitely recommend the Tour over the Storm. If you MUST have a touchscreen hold off a bit for the Storm 2, which, based of what I've read thus far, is the great phone the original Storm was supposed to be.

Well I want to wait and get the v2.0,BUT, I can't because my sisters contract is up and we're doing the buy one get one free thing and splitting the cost so I have to get it tomorrow.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
As much as the storm got bad reviews, the Storm2 should be coming out this month and from the looks of it, with major enhancements over its predecessor.

99cobra302

Established Member
Explain the ball sucking...lol

no homo.

when the tour was first released it has some pretty severe issues with the trackball not scrolling left or right very easy, or at all. but this issue has been fixed since then

i have the tour and i frickin love the thing. this is my first blackberry. i picked it up about a month ago. it does everything i could ever want a phone to do and more. being able to get on the internet everywhere is awesome!!

although i did go from nextel to sprint. so all i have known the last 8 years is nextel phones....so anything that does more than make calls and send text messages faster than a nextel is amazing to me really....which is pretty much everything.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
If there's ANY way you can wait it will be well worth your while. Storm 2 is out in the next couple weeks and will be a huge improvement.

Also, Verizon finally got their hands on Android and have said they will have 2 Android devices by the end of the year.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Most of you guys had the storm then went to the tour, lol. I started off with the storm and after 6 of them I was done with how shitty they are. I got the tour and couldn't be happier.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Storm 2 is rumored to be coming out this Wednesday. I know this is an old thread, but if you didn't buy the Tour yet, just wait a few days. S2 has a 1000x better screen technology as well as an updated OS.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I have the Tour as well any many of my friends and family and we all like it. I had the Curve before and 5 of them broke and Verizon finally discounted a Tour for me for $50. The internet gets very slow for me sometimes but I haven't heard this from others that have it.

Users who are viewing this thread