blackberry storm need help!!

sicfast

Established Member
well, just bought a blackberry storm, like the phone so far but i got this stupid clock on the screen now and i cant figure out how to close it! ive even tried shutting down the phone and upon restarting, the stupid clock shows back up. anyone know how i close this thing?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Take it back. I had that phone for all of about 2 days. Mine had all kind of problems. I think they have worked them all out by now. As for the problem with the clock i could not figure it out when i had it. Did not mess with it to much. Others will chime in to help ya.

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
Either use the arrow back key or the bullets and scroll down to the close option. Also check out crackberry.com.

sicfast

Established Member
i tried using every button on the phone, but nothing happened, after some time i found the close option on screen, but that didnt do anything either. ultimately i just went caveman on the battery, that seemed to fix it.

Dusten

Established Member
the clock is the phone thinking, its locked up. pushing the power button doesnt shut the phone off, its sleep mode. do a battery pull
then go to crackberry and read some of the threads on how to set the phone up, download quickpull also. it simulates a battery pull and does a true shutdown of the phone.

Dane

Established Member
I have had mine for about a year and it still does that after upgraded software, battery pulls etc. It is a first generation phone so it will have issues. I would get another phone that is what I am going to do after my year is up.

sicfast

Established Member
The phone didn't have the little clock stuck on screen, but the big faced system clock. Anyways I figured it out after about an hour last night, I did pull the battery,that resolved my issue.

Thanks guys!

Dusten

Established Member
the big faced clock is either plugged in(bedside mode) or you hit the clock. click the clock and click "exit bedside mode"

Dusten

Established Member
it takes a few minutes to reboot. the phone is just like a computer though, it requires maintenance. you have keep the memory clear, i have mine run a quick pull daily, i have the home screen free of crap, and mine runs like a champ

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dude, you just bought a Storm??

TAKE IT BACK, THE STORM 2 IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMING OUT THIS WEDNESDAY.

Yes I was yelling, wanted to make sure I got his attention.

2003 Silver

Banned
it takes a few minutes to reboot. the phone is just like a computer though, it requires maintenance. you have keep the memory clear, i have mine run a quick pull daily, i have the home screen free of crap, and mine runs like a champ

I have pulled the battery and there is no difference. What's the reboot process. Memory, quick pull, home screen free of crap???????:shrug:

sicfast

Established Member
Dude, you just bought a Storm??

TAKE IT BACK, THE STORM 2 IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMING OUT THIS WEDNESDAY.

Yes I was yelling, wanted to make sure I got his attention.

what's going to be the difference between the storm and the storm 2? i mean i have 30 days to return the phone and get the new one ( going to cost me $35 but oh well).

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
what's going to be the difference between the storm and the storm 2? i mean i have 30 days to return the phone and get the new one ( going to cost me $35 but oh well).

Just pray the S2 comes out in that 30 day period. The screen is vastly improved and the new 5.0 OS is much better than the old phone. Every bug and problem you've heard with the S1 has been remedied by RIM for the S2. Read the review and watch the videos of it's operation and you'll see its a much better phone and what the S1 should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread