Black with flat black stripes?

jbs$

Established Member
Of the 4037 coupes, there are well over 800 like this. They all look great, just a bitch to keep clean. Look around on the site and you will find lots of pictures.

GT500662

Established Member
ygevereb.jpg
aqyzasut.jpg

blacknlte

Established Member
Hopefully you can see the stripes in these pics: Black/Black 2013 GT500 with SVTPP + EP + Recaros

I think the stripes are flat or matte. They're definitely not glossy. Yeah, the black/black combo is probably the most produced color/stripe combo.

Ford calls the black stripes "glossy black" If seen them in person and there not the same as flat or matte black. Thats why I was asking if anyone has seen one with the flat or matte stripes

Sparko

Established Member
I have a Black Vert with matte black stripe...In my opinion it looks awesome...I have people making comments about how good it looks all the time.

ryan319

Established Member
Ford calls the black stripes "glossy black" If seen them in person and there not the same as flat or matte black. Thats why I was asking if anyone has seen one with the flat or matte stripes

I think that the stripe color changed from matte in 2013 to gloss in 2014. It was the most common color in 2013 so it shouldn't be hard to find pics.

Colleton

Established Member

For whatever reason, Ford called the 2013 GT500 stripes "glossy", they're probably doing the same with the '14 stripes as well. As you can clearly see from the pics posted of factory stripes though, they are matte, not glossy.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Holy christ.....

The Ford website is wrong and so are the order sheets, they are not glossy. They are matte black. Its the same way they list 3.55 gears when they are 3.31

GT500662

Established Member
Holy christ.....

The Ford website is wrong and so are the order sheets, they are not glossy. They are matte black. Its the same way they list 3.55 gears when they are 3.31

These mistakes were also on the website last year at this time when I was building my 13...it is not something new for 14, they have never corrected it from the beginning ...it was confusing when I first looked, but realized they had some glitches.

Svtheide

Established Member
Here's mine black with flat black stripes I do not believe it is the most common but yes there are a few roaming around
jadunypa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

smrtasp

Established Member
From the numbers I saw there are something like 1400 black coupes for 2013. Deep impact blue was the second most popular color. Every dealer I visited near me before getting finding my gray coupe had at least 1 black or 1 blue coupe. 1 local dealer had 2 of each. It was rare to find silver, gray or white - at least near me.

blacknlte

Established Member
For whatever reason, Ford called the 2013 GT500 stripes "glossy", they're probably doing the same with the '14 stripes as well. As you can clearly see from the pics posted of factory stripes though, they are matte, not glossy.

Holy christ.....

OK this explains a lot!

Powermanphil

Established Member
Here's mine. Delivered 5/23/2012.
Over the winter she got a McLeod RXT along with long tubes and an x-pipe.
Now if this weather would just clear up!!

7u2yna2u.jpg

je2u8y7e.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread