Black Sunday in Philly

Black Chip

Established Member
Eagles BLOW!! The real "dream team" (Phils) blew a 4 run lead!
Sh**ty weekend!

BTW the suck a** giants were given the win vs. Cards.
Dropped the ball with out being touched and you know it.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently there are situations where you don't have to be touched.

..................................................................................................
One problem: The referees ruled Cruz down by non-contact (you read that right). Sound weird? Well, the NFL rule book allows officials the leeway to make that call.

The language, per the rule book: "Official shall declare ball dead ... when runner declares himself down by falling to ground or kneeling & making no effort to advance."

Last edited:

Black Chip

Established Member
Apparently there are situations where you don't have to be touched.

..................................................................................................
One problem: The referees ruled Cruz down by non-contact (you read that right). Sound weird? Well, the NFL rule book allows officials the leeway to make that call.

The language, per the rule book: "Official shall declare ball dead ... when runner declares himself down by falling to ground or kneeling & making no effort to advance."

I'd say I've heard about 99% against what the ref. called. He definitely stumbled and fell. He did not give himself up.
Many thought he was having a college flashback...lol
[youtube_browser]8PnjhKFPZFQ[/youtube_browser]

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
He did fall down. He even said after that he thought he was touched which he wouldn't have said if he even knew about the rule. He said that he was told to just hand the ball to the official next time.

The bottom line is that it shouldn't have happened at all. He should have stayed on the ground until he heard a whistle or got up and tried to advance. I doubt it will happen again though.

Black Chip

Established Member
He did fall down. He even said after that he thought he was touched which he wouldn't have said if he even knew about the rule. He said that he was told to just hand the ball to the official next time.

The bottom line is that it shouldn't have happened at all. He should have stayed on the ground until he heard a whistle or got up and tried to advance. I doubt it will happen again though.
I know the feeling!! lol! Another stupid play:
[youtube_browser]AIWWrdDNBRU[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread