Black Saleen 18x10's on Red Cobra (pics)

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Look really good, are your Cobra fender emblems on backwards?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure, but whoever you bought them through might know of an OEM cap that would work.
Might be easier to use a vinyl overlay sticker. One of the MCT guys used this place: http://www.tfbdesigns.com/
He had black Saleens on a 10th Anniversary Cobra and used a black sticker with red SVT letters that matched the OEM font.
My brother also used another company and I know there are several around. Good luck.
-J

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Not sure, but whoever you bought them through might know of an OEM cap that would work.
Might be easier to use a vinyl overlay sticker. One of the MCT guys used this place: http://www.tfbdesigns.com/
He had black Saleens on a 10th Anniversary Cobra and used a black sticker with red SVT letters that matched the OEM font.
My brother also used another company and I know there are several around. Good luck.
-J

Thanks, :beer: I'll look into it. I agree that the current center caps leave a lot to be desired.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Get some c/c plates and an alignment. A little negative camber will suck the top of the front tires in.

I have CC plates and have had an alignment.(it is set at stock tolerance) Any suspension experts have any suggestions that will not eat tires? I wanted it neutral as it just needs to go straight as far as I am concerned.

Littlemotor

Established Member
I have CC plates and have had an alignment.(it is set at stock tolerance) Any suspension experts have any suggestions that will not eat tires? I wanted it neutral as it just needs to go straight as far as I am concerned.

TOE kills tires 10X more than any "aggressive" camber settings would... I would try setting it up between 1.5 and 1.75* neg. camber personally (which will help tuck the tires and increase handling ability as stated above).

BTW, the car looks great. Did I read correctly that you are running SN95 rear axles, and NOT FOX length? I currently have 18x9" Saleens at all four corners with a front rotor swap up front, and a Moser 5 lug axle and ranger drum out back. My 9's LOOK to be about a quarter to 3/8" more tucked than yours in the front (which is OK and I'll explain why in a second..:) ) and probly 3/4" tucked up under the fender lip in the rear.

Now, this is why I am so excited that I logged in here this evening and saw your thread: I have a complete 99 GT 5-lug swap sitting here from the pads to the e-brake cables (cant splurge for the Cobra stuff ATM, lol..) and have been reading and asking around about what to expect. It looks like if you ARE running the SN95 axles I am gonna be Just fine with 10's out back and I will likely only need to pick up a pair of '95 model spindles if the PBR calipers/brackets will bolt up with little modification. I have NO C/C plates and my tires are like I said, "Just about 1/4-3/8" further in board than yours" -and that's with FOX spindles. The 99GT units are going to increase that about 6mm on each side, and with no C/C plates to set my toe up a bit on the aggressive side, there is NO WAY they won't rub.

Car looks sweet dude, lemme know how those DR's work too, I have heard "mixed reviews" on them, but the price is right, lol.

-Greg:rolling:

Last edited:

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
TOE kills tires 10X more than any "aggressive" camber settings would... I would try setting it up between 1.5 and 1.75* neg. camber personally (which will help tuck the tires and increase handling ability as stated above).

BTW, the car looks great. Did I read correctly that you are running SN95 rear axles, and NOT FOX length? I currently have 18x9" Saleens at all four corners with a front rotor swap up front, and a Moser 5 lug axle and ranger drum out back. My 9's LOOK to be about a quarter to 3/8" more tucked than yours in the front (which is OK and I'll explain why in a second..:) ) and probly 3/4" tucked up under the fender lip in the rear.

Now, this is why I am so excited that I logged in here this evening and saw your thread: I have a complete 99 GT 5-lug swap sitting here from the pads to the e-brake cables (cant splurge for the Cobra stuff ATM, lol..) and have been reading and asking around about what to expect. It looks like if you ARE running the SN95 axles I am gonna be Just fine with 10's out back and I will likely only need to pick up a pair of '95 model spindles if the PBR calipers/brackets will bolt up with little modification. I have NO C/C plates and my tires are like I said, "Just about 1/4-3/8" further in board than yours" -and that's with FOX spindles. The 99GT units are going to increase that about 6mm on each side, and with no C/C plates to set my toe up a bit on the aggressive side, there is NO WAY they won't rub.

Car looks sweet dude, lemme know how those DR's work too, I have heard "mixed reviews" on them, but the price is right, lol.

-Greg:rolling:

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions on alignment.

I have had both length axles. The sirst pics are with the SN95 axles and the second set (current) are with the FOX length. The SN95 would have required the fenders to be rolled by lookng at it.

The tires hook good once warm. The have stared to roll-up on the edges after one track session.

:beer:

Littlemotor

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions on alignment.

I have had both length axles. The sirst pics are with the SN95 axles and the second set (current) are with the FOX length. The SN95 would have required the fenders to be rolled by lookng at it.

The tires hook good once warm. The have stared to roll-up on the edges after one track session.

:beer:

No problem buddy!:rockon:

Dang, well it looks like for my 9's all the way around the set-up I have waiting to go on would require at the very LEAST a set of '95 spindles and the rear would be pushed out and look more correct, but for a 9 and 10 combo I am gonna need Fox rear axles too.......

I will have to go back and do some more home work and see if there is any way to go disc in the rear and RETAIN my Moser 5 lug FOX length axles.. Shucks, lol...:rollseyes

Thanks for clearing that up, and going back over the pics I can clearly see the difference from the trial fit to the finished product. -No comparison IMHO, -one looks "factory" and the other leaves a bit to be desired for sure.

Have you ran the Nitto's or MT Dr's? I had heard that these BFG's are kinda greasy until hot (for hooking from a dig..) and are a total "no go" for driving on wet roads. -If they just suck in the rain, I'd be game. -My last toy was a 550 HP S-10 and a SPOOL as a DD. So long as they hook OK I'd be interested in trying some out myself.

Thanks again, and very sick ride ( I dig the black on red for SURE ) :) -Greg

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I will have to go back and do some more home work and see if there is any way to go disc in the rear and RETAIN my Moser 5 lug FOX length axles.. Shucks, lol...:rollseyes

-Greg

You would need the North Race Cars brackets to run FOX axles with rear disc. You may be OK to run the 18x9's with SN95 axles.:beer:

Littlemotor

Established Member
You would need the North Race Cars brackets to run FOX axles with rear disc. You may be OK to run the 18x9's with SN95 axles.:beer:

I just read that actually, lol. Did you have the spacer made in order to properly center the rotor due to the difference in the O.D. of the axle flange vs. the I.D. of the Rotor center? I may just continue to roll on what I have and sell off the stuff I picked up for it and start over while retaing the Moser 5 lug Fox length axles, hit up the junkyard for odds and ends and score the COBRA calipers and rotors as take-offs on Ebag or where ever. Def. gotta get the NRC Brackets, thanks for that. :) Oh yeah, did you link up where you got the wheels and tires from? Were they a pretty fair deal?:rockon:

Thanks man, I promise I'll quit jacking your thread, lol.;-)

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I just read that actually, lol. Did you have the spacer made in order to properly center the rotor due to the difference in the O.D. of the axle flange vs. the I.D. of the Rotor center? I may just continue to roll on what I have and sell off the stuff I picked up for it and start over while retaing the Moser 5 lug Fox length axles, hit up the junkyard for odds and ends and score the COBRA calipers and rotors as take-offs on Ebag or where ever. Def. gotta get the NRC Brackets, thanks for that. :) Oh yeah, did you link up where you got the wheels and tires from? Were they a pretty fair deal?:rockon:

Thanks man, I promise I'll quit jacking your thread, lol.;-)

LOL...no worries. They sell a shim to make up the diffence in flange diameter between the smaller diameter FOX axle flange and the SN95 flange. Or, you could do what I did, get the Moser axles that are FOX length with SN95 flanges on them. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread