Black Rockers on 13+

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Has anyone tried 2011-2012 textured plastic rockers (side skirts) on a 13-14? I'm wondering how off it would look. I can't get used to the slab-side look with body color rockers.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Has anyone tried 2011-2012 textured plastic rockers (side skirts) on a 13-14? I'm wondering how off it would look. I can't get used to the slab-side look with body color rockers.

I'm sure it would look similar to what the '12 looks like. :lol1:

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
I should have clarified- I'm curious to see how it lines up with the now painted rear fascia. I'm thinking that it might look fine.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I should have clarified- I'm curious to see how it lines up with the now painted rear fascia. I'm thinking that it might look fine.

I know this is not at all the same year/body style than what you're looking for, but mine has black '11 rockers and a painted rear valance. To me, it looks just fine. It should look similar on your '13.

61FA8491-9B67-43CB-A1E3-1154F22A13C5-1966-000001F6A90EEDC8_zpse066121b.jpg

EB849D3F-CFA0-4E62-8B99-B83ABD355D28-1966-000001F6A3B3AD85_zps04c1caba.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Look at the Roush side splitters (search), I think the early black rockers are a HUGE step backwards.
-J

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Gotcha. I would imagine it would bother some people more than others. For me, I added the Roush side and rear splitters because I feel like it connects the flow of the entire car from front to back now. I think the black sides would look out of place. Here's a pic of my car showing the area you're talking about. I think the splitter makes it flow. Having a black section beneath the door would bug me. The fact the front had a lower black front and the side/rear had none was unbalanced enough to make me buy the Roush to begin with.

DSCF3816_zps6c47fccd.jpg

Colleton

Established Member
Gotcha. I would imagine it would bother some people more than others. For me, I added the Roush side and rear splitters because I feel like it connects the flow of the entire car from front to back now. I think the black sides would look out of place. Here's a pic of my car showing the area you're talking about. I think the splitter makes it flow. Having a black section beneath the door would bug me. The fact the front had a lower black front and the side/rear had none was unbalanced enough to make me buy the Roush to begin with.

I got the Roush side splitters for Christmas from my wife. Haven't installed them yet though. I think they look great on your car, hopefully they'll look good on mine as well.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Roush side spitters on body color paint matched rockers FTW...plastic black colored entire side skirts FTL. Ugly as F.

Users who are viewing this thread