Black rims

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
I currently have chrome wheels on my cobra and have been thinking of getting black rims with a polished lip. Could I get input from people with black rims on maintance, is it a PITA?

ATFPat

Established Member
I was thinking about running black 03 style wheels on mine. The black chrome looks good. What kind of rims do you have?

ctubbs

Established Member
I have 17'' black replicas on my car. Easy to clean, just wash, and wipe off. The hardest thing is to keep them from getting rock chips. I've had several sets of black wheels and rock chips are the only problem i've had with them, but in my area the roads are horrible and always have gravel and debris on them. I actually have a new set of wheels for my car that will be here thursday, so my black replicas will be for sale after that if you are interested. I know you said you wanted a polished lip but if you change your mind let me know.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
I have 17'' black replicas on my car. Easy to clean, just wash, and wipe off. The hardest thing is to keep them from getting rock chips. I've had several sets of black wheels and rock chips are the only problem i've had with them, but in my area the roads are horrible and always have gravel and debris on them. I actually have a new set of wheels for my car that will be here thursday, so my black replicas will be for sale after that if you are interested. I know you said you wanted a polished lip but if you change your mind let me know.

that is what I was worried about since mine is a DD was durability. Thanks for the offer but I dont want to go less than 18s and I want a polished lip. Right now chrome is pretty durable but I love the look of the black on black was just worried about durability, getting rock chips easy would bother me. I dont want something that I will have to get repainted every couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread