Black rifle woes.

NA97GT

Established Member
Anyone who is into AR15's can agree how insane things are right now. Who would believe that dealers are selling parts at up to a 50%-300% markup even, manufactures are putting production dates out from 2-6months or more. Pretty much all parts to complete a complete rifle are non existant right now.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Seen it all before. 1992. And just like then, we can render Obama impotent in the 2010 mid-term house and senate elections. A democratic president with a republican house and senate is not a bad way to go.

Jim Snover

Anyone who is into AR15's can agree how insane things are right now. Who would believe that dealers are selling parts at up to a 50%-300% markup even, manufactures are putting production dates out from 2-6months or more. Pretty much all parts to complete a complete rifle are non existant right now.

I purchased a complete dpms lower, 3 30RD pmags, and 400rds of ammo right after the election. Now I cant find an upper receiver anywhere. I have half of a usable firearm. does anyone have any idea where to get a upper or at least a good company to get on a waiting list with?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Gunbroker.com

My local forum always has stuff. I just bought 2 stripped uppers yesterday below MSRP. The deals are out there. Just have to look . If you have a local shooting forum I would suggest looking there first.

qachargh

Established Member
It depends on how much they sell the lowers for, and I wouldn't pay that much for an upper. But he may want to match his DPMS lower to a DPMS upper.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Anybody else think this shortage, and the associated product markups, are entirely the product of paranoid gun-owners and the gun-brokers seeing an opportunity and taking advantage of it?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Markup yes. Paranoid no. Obama has it right on his website. Maybe not anytime in the next 12 months but eventually the AWB will be back.

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Urban Policy

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Markup yes. Paranoid no. Obama has it right on his website. Maybe not anytime in the next 12 months but eventually the AWB will be back.

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Urban Policy

I have no doubt he would like to on a personal level, but he has expressed no real interest in it this campaign as a political issue, and he also said he respected the SC's ruling on the DC gun-ban. Not to mention that the political atmosphere is quite different from what Clinton experience in the 90's.

But already, people like Blown-By-You above are blaming Obama for the increased gun/ammo prices.:rollseyes

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I had read a few months ago that prices for stripped lowers were sky-rocketing.

The last upper I bought was from Rock River. I've also used uppers from M1 Sales here in Illinois that were good. Have you tried all of the mfg's? Armalite, Olympic, Bushmaster, Colt. Stag Arms might be an option that most don't think about...just not sure of the quality and/or if they sell parts or just fully built guns.

qachargh

Established Member
The stripped lowers don't seem to be going up that much if you can find them, but the fire-control groups and trigger assemblies are steadily marching upward. The components don't seem to be too bad yet, but the fully assembled weapons are getting ridiculously expensive.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
+2 on gunbroker.

i am good with what i have now but may try to hit the gun show this weekend before i leave just to see what is out there.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
not sure bout gunbroker, but I hit up a local show yesterday and didn't see anything better..Lowest stripped lowers were 190's and that was Enterprise. Spikes, DPMS, doublestar etc. were all mid 200's and up. Complete carbines and rifles were anywhere from 1,200-2,000. Decent prices on bulk ammo.. but i'm in the same boat with my m14A2 clone build.:rolleyes:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Anybody else think this shortage, and the associated product markups, are entirely the product of paranoid gun-owners and the gun-brokers seeing an opportunity and taking advantage of it?

Some dealers are marking stuff up....however RRA has more back ordered ar's than they sold all of last year. Supply and demand...every one is trying to catch up after this panic buy. Hell I just bought one and I am looking for another all ready.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread