Black Ford Rear Badge?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
Years ago (probably a good 6 years now) I had found a company that sold a black Ford badge for the rear of your car, one that would replace the stock blue one. I'm finally getting around to doing some more stuff with my Cobra, but can't find that for sale anymore. Does anyone know who sells one? :shrug:

shurur

Established Member
Ford watches and clamps down legally on any company doing this. This includes decal/overlay companies as well!!!

There are a few mustang sites with threads that show how to make your own; however, the new Ford emblems are less modify friendly.

You used to be able to take the backs off them and dig out the blue paint.
I think the new ones have to have the front clear lense sawed off with floss or nylon twine and the modified by the front.

Some folks have smoked them outside or inside the front clear lense, which makes the blue background look nearly black.

That's the scoop.
there are some who can make a good looking one for you..and very occasionally you can find someone selling on ebay..

03cobraracer

Established Member
I got an overlay for mine for a few bucks off ebay, I like it..

1F16918E-09F5-4AF3-B582-6F2F7422A7BA-874-000000E8E956AE35_zps75f92267.jpg

Bfazona

Established Member
I've gotten two "Ford" emblems off of Ebay for my F-250. Both of them are painted and look great, hold up to road debris, and were reasonably priced. Perhaps you could find smaller Ford emblems there as well, since the Superduties use a 9" oval.

Users who are viewing this thread