Black / flat black ford oval

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Have been working for a little while on making all my emblems flat black. The Ford emblem is the only one that stumped me a little. Here is what I ended up doing. I took the emblem apart and sanded all the blue off and re-painted the back side black. Then refinished the chrome outer ring in flat black. What has anyone else done to their emblems to make them a little different. Any other custom ford ovals?
(And yes I know I need to wash the car. Just returned from a road trip) :thumbsup:

REARBADGES001.jpg

And my personal favorite:

REARBADGES002.gif

Last edited:

VTECWHO

Banned
Have been working for a little while on making all my emblems flat black. The Ford emblem is the only one that stumped me a little. Here is what I ended up doing. I took the emblem apart and sanded all the blue off and re-painted the back side black. Then refinished the chrome outer ring in flat black. The pic is a little funky being it makes it look purple-ish. (will try for a better pic later). What has anyone else done to their emblems to make them a little different. Any other custom ford ovals?
(And yes I know I need to wash the car. Just returned from a road trip) :thumbsup:

BLACKOVAL002.gif

That looks pretty cool, nice touch to the ass of a snake, the blue looks horrible:rockon:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
The "SVT" and "POLICE INTERCEPTOR" is just stuck on with thin, double sided adhesive tape made for emblems. The "FORD OVAL" is also stuck on with tape but has locating pins on the back that will leave two holes behind if you don'y put it or something back in it's place

SLPRCTM

Established Member
None of the ones on mine are vinyl. They are all stock Ford emblems that have been refinished by painting. I thought about just putting a decal over the Ford emblem but decided to take it completely apart and paint it instead. The interceptor is also a stock item (not for this car)but we aren't going to talk about that one. ;-)

SLPRCTM

Established Member
A helpful hint: Use a piece of fishing line or piano wire to saw through the tape behind the emblem (like flossing your teeth). This will ensure no damage to your paint or the emblem and make your life very stress free...... Good Luck!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Have been working for a little while on making all my emblems flat black. The Ford emblem is the only one that stumped me a little. Here is what I ended up doing. I took the emblem apart and sanded all the blue off and re-painted the back side black. Then refinished the chrome outer ring in flat black. What has anyone else done to their emblems to make them a little different. Any other custom ford ovals?

REARBADGES001.jpg
Nice job.
Make them and they will sell.
How much?
:pop:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
It was kinda a pain in the butt because I had to make one emblem out of two. You ruin the base of one and the center of the other. I have read and tried different ways to seperate the center section from the bezel and failed both times. You can purchase the emblems new from Ford for $11.00 and re-do them your self. If anyone wants to give it a try and sell them, I will let them know how to do it. Basically, seperate the center section from the bezel, paint the bezel whatever color you want. Then, sand the blue paint off the back of the center section and paint that whatever color you want. When both are completely dry, use some epoxy to glue the center section back on the bezel and re-install on the car. I think one of these on a mystic chrome with the bezel in a flat mystic finish would look awsome on a mystic cobra........

Users who are viewing this thread