Black Coupe First day home

KingKobra

Established Member
I finally got the pics developed... I know we've all seen this one, but I thought I'd throw mine in too! :beer:

newcobra.jpg

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
'03 Cobras are like babies... ain't an ugly one in the bunch...
:coolman:

Well.... :dw:

Come to think of it... there is that one with the Supercharged Decal....;-)

King Cobra 03

Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
'03 Cobras are like babies... ain't an ugly one in the bunch...
:coolman:

Well.... :dw:

Come to think of it... there is that one with the Supercharged Decal....;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KingKobra

Established Member
Thanks guys... Yea, I love black, but man, the dust... I swear, just minutes after cleaning and you can see dust on the bumper. I did pick up a "duster" at TrakAuto and I can dust if off. Looks great at sundown.

Can't clean the whole rim on the front... brake discs too big, no complaint there. :beer:

C_Record

Established Member
>>I finally got the pics developed... I know we've all seen this one, but I thought I'd throw mine in too! <<

Can't ever see too much of a black one. Congrats on your new ride.

BlackCobra99Va

Established Member
Originally posted by KingKobra
Thanks guys... Yea, I love black, but man, the dust... I swear, just minutes after cleaning and you can see dust on the bumper. I did pick up a "duster" at TrakAuto and I can dust if off. Looks great at sundown.

Can't clean the whole rim on the front... brake discs too big, no complaint there. :beer:

KingKobra, NICE Pics and GREAT looking car!!! :) Did you by chance buy it at Ted Britt Ford??? They had a black coupe for a while and I went last week again and it was gone :( Any way, we should try to meet up sometime to BS....I've got a 01 White Lightning along with my 99 Black Cobra and my dad has a yellow 01 cobra vert and a 03 Sonic blue Cobra vert....I'm in Centreville, right off of 66

Jeff

KingKobra

Established Member
Thanks BlackCobra99Va, actually, I was bouncing between Ted Britt and Tysons Ford... Ted Britt promised me a Silver Coupe back in May, then called and said it was delayed... so I went to Tysons, reserved a Silver Coupe. Never arrived! But, Tysons had a black coupe... so I went in, and loved the black, and bought it that very day. Yea, I've got a friend in Centerville, off of 28. Lotsa ricers out that way.

You're family's gotta great line up! I was seriously thinking about hooking up wih Rob03 and their Cobra club at least to see how these clubs work. They are driving on Saturday out west near Cooters and back, but I'm heading out to Penn for the NHRA on Sat. :) Maybe we could cruise with them next time they meet?

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by byevette
Great color, now go detail it.......

Drive safe

:beer:

Thanks, I got a Paint Sealant exterior job done by my dealer: 5 year warranty on bird poop, tar, industrial dust fallout, which I have a lot of around here with the beltway construction. :beer:

Here's the product:
ttp://www.prodealerservice.com/products/class1.html

Cobra'03

Established Member
King, I hope for your sake you have personally inspected their paint shop and been satisfied with the results of their repaints, because there is no applied surface treatment that will last anywhere near that long.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I have to fess up, I am a little jealous of all you black 03 owners. I had originally put down the deposit for the black, but they called a few days later and stated that thier alotment had changed and I immediately took the torch red.

I later found out, while a friend was at the dealer, he saw a black, torch red and yellow come in. Now, they told me that they were not getting the black and when I called to say that I heard there was a black one, they told me they had not yet received any of the cars....:bash: So they sold it to a higher bidder (side note, I paid 500 under msrp)

If I had lived in the same area code I would have driven there then, but oh well.

Now, what I do not miss about the black is that it looks awesome for a day or so after it has been washed\detailed, but then is real dirty.

What I like most about the torch red is that after it is washed, IT BURNS YOUR RETNAS to look at :beer:

I love the torch red, but I know I stick out like a sore thumb on the interstate and do not go as fast as I did in the '98.

Drive safe,
Chris
:beer:

KingKobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
King, I hope for your sake you have personally inspected their paint shop and been satisfied with the results of their repaints, because there is no applied surface treatment that will last anywhere near that long.

This was actually a contracted job that my Ford Dealer performed. They have some contract with this company. If stuff sticks, I bring it in and get it redone. So far, bird poop washes off clean, almost without having to scrub.

There were 4 terms to choose from 2yr, 3yr, 4yr, 5yr. I think the maker knows that it won't last, but you pay for continued treatment during the term if you have hard water stains, sap, etc on the car and it won't come off.

Thanks for the heads up

p.s.- I never have to wax the car. It was actually recommened I don't.

Last edited:

Cobra'03

Established Member
http://www.topoftheline.com/askdoc1.html

I buy a lot of detailing supplies from these guys.

So you paid for them to retreat your car now and then. Hope it was not $500, but I guess that is worth it if you do not have the time or interest to do it yourself.

This product they apply will be loaded with silicone resins. This has a tendency shine well, but also to add a silver sheen to the surface of the car, but not much depth compared to frequent carnauba applications, or a polymer such as Zaino. Show cars never use silicone waxes, esp dark ones, since the silicones tend to not appy evenly.

KingKobra

Established Member
Cobra03, you certainly know your stuff. Thanks for the info! I did pay 500.00 for it, I think that's the price for a 5 year warranty. I didn't notice any visible application issues, but then again, I haven't had any issues with it's integrity yet. My car looks fresh and new each time I wash, with a sponge and a goat-skin cham. It's my regular car, and I drive it all year, all season.

Users who are viewing this thread