Black Cobra Turbines?

Venomus93

Established Member
Has anyone seen or done this? I ran across a guy in Florida that had em on his ol Fox, looked pretty sweet, but left the centers OG. I would love to try it but our wheels are so hard to get and $$$! Even a graphite color would be cool. Here is the pic of his car i saved, maybe hes a member here he has a bunch of Stangs!
BlackCobrawheels.gif

stangbear427

Established Member
That looks sweet. I wouldn't have any moral issues with powder coating a set of repros. Based on the apparent year of it, I'd guess those ones aren't real Cobra wheels... unless he's got a '93 Cobra brake kit (and why would you?)
Hell, there are some pretty effed up OEM ones sitting around out there too that could use a creative new lease on life as well, now I think about it.

Venomus93

Established Member
Do they sell the center caps repro as well? and something that is paintable? I would love to see them in a semi gloss/flat black!

comprepsvo

Established Member
Black Turbines

I had the orginal set off of my red cobra, powdercoated black, and chrome plated the center caps. They are now on my teal, I will take pictures this weekend. I will need to send them to someone to post for me as I am illerate on how to post on the site. Someone shoot me a PM with their email address and I will shoot them to post.

Ben

stangbear427

Established Member
I will need to send them to someone to post for me as I am illerate on how to post on the site. Someone shoot me a PM with their email address and I will shoot them to post.

Ben
Just open a free account at photobucket or imageshack. If the pictures are stored on your PC, the rest is easy.

Venomus93

Established Member
IMO the polishes Lip is to "Fat". I would like o see the caps painted too, but that would be crazy to do to the OEM caps.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I have been considering a set for road race duty. The car is my friend Matt's and is beautiful. It actually has an original 93 Cobra motor and drivetrain, the previous owner had bought stolen.

stangbear427

Established Member
They will stick out 3/4" farther. In the rear, this is an improvement. In the front, you may just need to use regular 5.0 GT/LX rotors.

maeco6969

Established Member
They will stick out 3/4" farther. In the rear, this is an improvement. In the front, you may just need to use regular 5.0 GT/LX rotors.

thanks sounds good.i came accross a company that will widen wheels so i think ill do it in these instead of my oem ones.

Users who are viewing this thread