black chrome...

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
So I've used the mothers chrome on these, but it just doesn't seem to bring out the shine I'm looking for.. i used the mini powerball and everything else under the sun to get these looking brand new again.

black chrome looks great on my zinc yellow cobra, but could look better if it's just super black blinged out.

help.. if you can

-lex

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Um...not sure what you're looking for but it almost sounds like you wish you had bought chrome instead of 'black chrome'.

Be careful though as some 'black chrome' finishes are in fact a powdercoat finish so you don't want to use anything super harsh on them.

If you've already used Mother's Chrome on them; I'd suggest you treat them as a painted surface to get the best results. Start with a light polish (Optimum Polish or PoliSeal work great for me; or Meg's ScratchX if working OTC...pretty much anything will do by hand). Then follow with your favorite wax. Sealants are best because they can withstand the heat better.

Poorboy's WheelSealant and Wheelwax are two obvious choices, but any nice paint sealant will work fine as well. If going OTC again; Mother's Cleaner Wax PASTE actually works about as well as Wheelwax does and it polishes the surface pretty nicely as well and is quite economical.

Best of luck.

SVT2122

Established Member
poorboys is OTC for me, ware house is a mile from my house. :banana:

I don't like the Mini-Ball at all, I've had best results with claying my wheels and waxing my hand. I don't have black chrome though. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread