Black Chrome rims on Sonic Blue

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Does anybody have pics of black chrome rims on a Sonic Blue mustang? I think the 03/04 style in black chrome would look good, but can't seem to find any pictures of one.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am not sure what I think of them.
blackchrome.JPG

blackchrome1.JPG

blackchrome2.JPG

blackchrome3.JPG

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I like black chrome in theory, but I don't really like it in person. To me, it looks like what a dirty regular chrome rim looks like. If you are going for that style, get the regular 03 Chromies. My $.02.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Don't do it, Black chrome just doesn't look as good as just chrome on sonic blue. Actually I don't like black chrome wheels on any 03/04 that I've seen so far.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
I like black chrome in theory, but I don't really like it in person. To me, it looks like what a dirty regular chrome rim looks like. If you are going for that style, get the regular 03 Chromies. My $.02.

Agreed...

"Christian" has a set on here in his silver 03 and it looks clean. On your car though, I'd opt for the AFS chromies (I'm biased) or some other set. The SSR's look good on Sonic Blue.

Judging by your sig and the fact you have 600rwhp.... I'm thinking you want to keep the "sleeper" look. I'd say get the AFS wheels. I love mine. I just think they look extremely slick.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Agreed...

"Christian" has a set on here in his silver 03 and it looks clean. On your car though, I'd opt for the AFS chromies (I'm biased) or some other set. The SSR's look good on Sonic Blue.

Judging by your sig and the fact you have 600rwhp.... I'm thinking you want to keep the "sleeper" look. I'd say get the AFS wheels. I love mine. I just think they look extremely slick.

That is what I am thinking I just need to get at least 10.5s on the rear or there is no way I am going to be able to control my new set-up. The 600 rwhp was on my original motor. ;-) Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread