Black Chrome at Home!

03DSGFobra

Established Member
So I traded wheels over the weekend. I traded my black Bullits for a set of chrome bullitts. They are 18's, which is the same as the ones I traded, but I gave up my 18x10's on the rear. I got brand new tires out of the deal though. I got the chrome on the car and I wasn't feeling the look. I ran across some of the Duplicolor Shadow kit at Oreilly's on Sunday and thought I would give it a try. I saw them do some wheels with this stuff on Hod Rod TV last month and they looked pretty cool. Tell me what ya'll think? Forgive the pic quality, I took them with my phone. I can take some better ones with DLSR if anyone is interested.

b0163fcb.jpg

931cd532.jpg

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
so your telling me you painted these wheels with that black chrome stuff??????Shit anyone have a set of 03/04 Lwheels that are chrome??

Loki-sc

process of acceleration
Established Member
Damn those look great for a rattle can! Take pics with your DLSR and post them up.

Torked03

Established Member
Wheels

They really looked good! Shawn does a good job painting and they looked cool. The only thing I was not crazy about was that its a blueish black tint. The darker you paint them the more black they look, loosing the CHROME color. THey made the car! Chrome did not sit right and when he did the first one while I was helping him adjust the ride height I was amazed. 18 bucks well spent!

jhager172

Established Member
looks good. i think ima do that with the chrome wheels i got. glad to see someone else use it first though.

03DSGFobra

Established Member
You can only use this on chrome wheels. You do not sand them because the spray is transparent and the sanding marks would show up thru the spray. The paint has a bonding agent in it that helps it adhere to the smoothe surface. You have to make sure you use a quality solvent to make sure they are 100% clean and free of any dirt or oil.

03DSGFobra

Established Member
Didn't have time to go anywhere and take any pics today so I just snapped a few in my driveway before I went to work. I'm gonna wet sand them Saturday and polish them out to give them more of a shine.
Mustang135.jpg

Mustang134.jpg

Mustang133.jpg

Mustang136.jpg

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I like that. So it didn't run or have any bad looking spots?

Too bad you don't have the deep dish, that would look hot. And window tint.

Users who are viewing this thread