Black Car detail PICS

Htown05

Established Member
Did the back end of the GTP today. Its not an svt product but it does share the smaller cousins of the Eaton supercharger. :beer:

On to the pics. Here is the process.

wash
Zaino Claybar using megs detail spray for lube
wash again
ssr1 with polishing pad on bumper (bumper got replaced recently, no big swirls)
ssr2.5 on flat panels and bottom of trunk with orange cut pad
ssr1 with polishing pad
topped with nattys blue wax

I have recently acquired an Porter Cable 7336. I would have to say it does an amazing job of bringing out the shine to the paint. I attached a pic of my hood that I did. Half with SSR2.5 X2 on orange cutting pad and followed with SSR1 with finishing pad. This is after wash and claybar. You can see the difference. The other half is just washed and clayed.

I would have to say that the PC doesn't get all the swirls out but diminishes them greatly. You can still see them in direct sunlight. Well at least with ssr2.5 and orange pad which is as aggressive as I have gotten so far. I have not tried ssr3 with a meguiars burgandy pad

The only before pic that I have. This was after it was washed.

DSC00036.jpg

AFTER
DSC00040.jpg

Ill try and get some better aftershots, the sun was down and out.

DSC00039.jpg

HOOD SHOT - keep in mind this hood was also replaced and repainted about a year ago. It already a little oxidation and moderate swirls!

DSC_0421.jpg

Now all I have to do is do the rest of my car and then seal it with Zaino. Might even put on a topper of pinnacle of natty's blue but with the houston sun the way it is I might just do two coats of Zaino and call it a day.

Here is a shot of my detailing arsenal. Not much, but it does the job of keeping my car swirl free and looking good.

DSC_0425.jpg

Last edited:

Htown05

Established Member
The embelem is red, you can tell by the first pic, it looks pink because of the flash.

Thanks, bring you cobra on over and we can give her some poorboys treatment!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ah. I just saw that.

If I were closer. I think all the work done to the paint would be undone on the ride back to Orlando.

Thanks though.

Evenflow

Established Member
Looks like theres still some swirls on the back and on the hood?

Definitely brought out the paint though, goodjob.

Htown05

Established Member
Evenflow said:
Looks like theres still some swirls on the back and on the hood?QUOTE]

I haven't figured out a way to completely remove all the swirls. Although the PC with an orange pad reduces them greatly. I probably would need SSR3 or a rotary to eliminate them all together. :read:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
very nice work. But you should have added some polish or glaze before you added the Natty's It would have given your car a wetter look and a little more shine. i see a zaino bottle and a meguiars bottle is one of those a polish ? what exactly were your steps. ?

Htown05

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
very nice work. But you should have added some polish or glaze before you added the Natty's It would have given your car a wetter look and a little more shine. i see a zaino bottle and a meguiars bottle is one of those a polish ? what exactly were your steps. ?

My SSR's were the polishing step. If you mean I should have added a sealent or glaze, I agree with you. Yes the Zaino is a sealent. I have the Z5 with ZFX. I plan to do my whole car with the SSR polishes and then once Im satisfied with my swirl marks I will go back and seal it with Zaino. Probably top it off with either pinnacle or Natty's.

Thanks for the compliments. It takes a lot of work. About 10 more hours and I think I will be satisfied!

Users who are viewing this thread