Black Bow Tie Gets Biten!

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
Just came from getting chrome inserts on the Cobra. I was driving along listening to some tunes on Stony Plain Rd. in Edmonton Alberta Canada eh! In front of me a black 06 vert vette slides around the corner I notice he had done the exhaust, never thought to much of it. As I cruise I notice up ahead the light is red the black Vette is on the left and a Grand prix GTP on the right, this leaves the center lane open for me. I get to the light and stop the guy in the vette looks at the snake? Well I thought oh ya baby! he wants to go he starts revving I follow. The light turns green we are side by side till I slam second (cherp). I then notice one car two cars I had on him, I was at about 5800 in second when I shut down. The vette creeped up then turned before I got a chance to grin at him ear to ear. The guy in the Grand prix drives by smiles and gives me the thumbs up like to say "I choked that bow tie with my snake". The new TR6 plugs fuel filter and cleaning the shit out of the throttle body really beefed up the muscle in the snake again. My only mods are magna flow cat back K&N MGW shifter and some new rubber. Just thought I would share some afternoon fun. Please nothing against the vette or chevy it all in fun. :burnout:

StangJason

Established Member
Nice kill...now you have gotten me wanting to get a new fuel filter and cleaner for my TB :idea: .

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
I had the Cobra since new in 09/04 drive it like it's stolen any chance I get! I have 40,000 miles, high for the people I know that drive Cobras in Canada. I never babied it when I broke it in. But boy when I found out what the traction control button was for yeeeehaaaaa!

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
To clean the throttle body I used a can of Wynn's X-Tend air intake cleaner. As per directions I took the air intake off warmed up the car to normal temp with engine running manual open the throttle and and sprayed away. I did keep a rag under the throttle body to catch the run off, you really have to watch you don't suck the rag in. Each time I gave short burst again and again until the hole can was gone. Unbelieveable the crap in there it was like muddy water. Also so I am told you have to use the cleaner that is teflon safe.

Users who are viewing this thread